lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Sebber
Not Yet Wild

Default Removing the belly Pan

Folks,
Me again needing help... I am dealing with a minor leak from my Club Car (1999) and I was wondering if I can remove the belly pan or does it also act as a support for the engine.

I would like to remove it to try and identify the source for my leak. After a ride, I usually find a little little puddle of engine oils underneath the cart!
Sebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Removing the belly Pan

The engine, transaxle, and belly pan are all mounted together,
you can't just remove the belly pan and leave everything else intact!

Sorry!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Sebber
Not Yet Wild

Ah I see, thats what I figured but was hoping I was wrong! Thanks!
Sebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

yup as i remember 4 3/8s bolt holding engine to belly pan, and 6 3.8s nuts and bolts holding engine, belly pan to trans/rear axle!
and the front hangs on the snubber!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
duffey
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
yup as i remember 4 3/8s bolt holding engine to belly pan, and 6 3.8s nuts and bolts holding engine, belly pan to trans/rear axle!
and the front hangs on the snubber!
I put 2 leaf HD leaf springs on my Club Car DS this weekend.They work great except now when I go over a bump the front of the belly pan that usually rest on the snubber now bounces on it and make s a clanking noise. Is it supposed to be secured or just rest on top ?

thanks in advance.
duffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffey View Post
I put 2 leaf HD leaf springs on my Club Car DS this weekend.They work great except now when I go over a bump the front of the belly pan that usually rest on the snubber now bounces on it and make s a clanking noise. Is it supposed to be secured or just rest on top ?

thanks in advance.
Ummm... It's supposed to rest on top, and it's not supposed to clank with the rubber snubber on it!

Here's a link to someone else that has questions on why the snubber is there!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...r-snubber.html

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #7
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffey View Post

thanks in advance.

Check your snubber out for cracks or dry rotting. If it is the original snubber and the cart is old it is probably not working as it should. Mine was cracked and a bit dry rotted but I didn't pay much attention to it.

The first weekend I drove it on something other than my subdivision streets the top half of the snubber came up missing. It was actually getting put to work by the humps and bumps off road (much like yours is now thanks to the heavy duty springs) and the fact that it was old and worn out lead to it failing.

If you snubber is like mine was the clunk is probably because the old brittle snubber isn't cushioning as it should.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car