lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
1badburb
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Gas Club Car Fuel Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtmanmartin View Post
Had this exact same problem with my 1984 gas Club Car with 341cc KF-82 engine. I noticed the fuel issue and also constant black soot deposits on spark plug. Mechanic found that the vent tube was clogged. New vent tube and ran fine. Also...nice cart. Fixed mine up for hunting as well. See picture.

Good looking cart! This one is getting a rack on top next.
1badburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #12
Tool Man II
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like you are having same problem as I am. Mines a 1989 kf82 just rebuilt engine, had fuel filter run dry gravety seems to suck the filter dry if its before fuel pump after fuel pump filter should stay full. I tried cleaning carb didnot help I was going to get rebuild kit, but found Tom at carts parts plus has OEM carb for 99.95 free shipping. I had simaliar problem once with a generator would run just fine until you loaded it then just bogout tried rebuilting that carb couldnt get it right talked to a onan tech he gave me 3 old carbs said they are having same problems with bad fuel ethenol.Put a new carb on thats been running good for years now. And I did solve my dry filter problem the valve cover vent must be plumbed to the air cleaner. I had it vented with its own mini air cleaner didnt work to good.I havent tried starting it since putting on new carb.
Tool Man II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #13
ColoTY
Not Yet Wild

I have a 1990 DS, am having problems starting and running rough or dying when it engine warms up.
What is the tube that dangles from the carb off the passenger side of the carb? Is it the vent tube you refer to??

It didn't have a gas cap, cleaned tank , put new hoses , fuel and air filter on.
Should the cap be a vented one??

I've never seen carbs with that hose dangling , what does it do?

Many thanks,
TY
ColoTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its just a vent hos, when cart won,t run do you have spark?..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #15
ColoTY
Not Yet Wild

Thanks you for your replay Shadowman

"Just a vent hose"// then what is it's function??

When I have trouble starting it, I plig the hose with a nail and it fires right up.
And I can drive it, but after 10-15 minutes or so it will, die, ad then run rough, slowww to get going,, sputters then catches and will go for a little bit.

Then after a while it will just quit.

If the fuel line filter supposed to always show fuel in it?
I don't see fuel in the filter.

I have plenty of spark, not a spark problem at all,new plug etc, and it sparks fine.
It's a fuel problem or air problem.

Changed all the hoses, tightly too, and the fuel and air lines as well as air filter.

Why is there a vent hose hanging off the carb, does it take in air??

Like I said it didn't have a fuel tank cap so I found one that is not vented and put it on, do you think it's causing a problem?

I'm also at 6,500 ft, air is a tad thin at times.

yawnnn...rise and shine thanks for your reply. :)
Old 01-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #16
ColoTY
Not Yet Wild

Ahh, i see it has been addressed in another thread...

Craig8d8
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1999 starting problem
Thanks for the response guys!! I'll pull the carb again tomorrow and super clean it. Does anyone know where the hose goes that comes out of the carb and into the frame below the tank?

Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 PM #5
shadowman
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1999 starting problem
that should just hang there somewhere............................

That hose is for the bowl overflow, it goes down through the frame and gets clamped there,
It's used to prevent fuel from spraying all over the engine compartment while the engine is running (in the event of a carb malfunction) and starting a fire!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
ColoTY
Not Yet Wild

hmmm doesn't explain why it starts perfect when I plug up the vent hose tho, and won't start when it's open...
Old 01-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

no it dosn,t but i think your on the right track going over the carb............sometimes fuel filters will be damm near empty........................
Old 01-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #19
ColoTY
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, we use it in our HOA patio home community, 16 square blocks, to clean up litter, and minor repairs and perimeter patrol sprinkler maintenance etc.

We have an all volunteer staff, and have just acquired this to help us old guys move around more expeditiously.

As with all HOAs... $$$ is tight.

The Fuel filter doesn't have ANY fuel visible in it (clear housing) whenever I lift the seat and look.

Today I need to put t in Neutral lock service to charge the battery, and will see how it fills and discharges.

The vent hose is an item of curiosity tho.

Winter time in the Rockies has very thin air, and below 10% humidity.

Much appreciate your time and help.
Sunny days
TY
Old 01-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you know they sell a tune up kit for that part of the country because of the thin air there.....i know its a different spark plug it runs colder or hotter?? you might want to look into it because if cart wasn,t set up for that area you can have issues that will make you want to pull your hair out if you have any...........................

Tags
carburetor, fuel pump
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car