lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: FE290 Carb settings

But...
Did you check to see if the carb vent hose is clear?
If it isn't... the carb won't fill with fuel fast enough!

Remove the line from the carb, to the hole in the frame and blow in it... if it's clear,
then you can check it off the list!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #12
ViperTom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
But...
Did you check to see if the carb vent hose is clear?
If it isn't... the carb won't fill with fuel fast enough!

Remove the line from the carb, to the hole in the frame and blow in it... if it's clear,
then you can check it off the list!
The vent line is not plugged.....I can blow through it with no trouble. If I plug the end of the vent with my finger the cart will stall in about 15-20 seconds.

Thanks,
Tom
ViperTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

BB...
Send him a Nickel!!!

Looks like I can't help anymore... but, I'll keep watching.

Best of luck to ya', Tom!
I hope you get her up and running soon!
Old 07-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #14
ViperTom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Okay....luck is on my side today!

I decided to run down to my neighbor a couple of houses down to get his opinion. His kids all race snowmobiles & dirtbikes so he has a pretty good knowledge of engines. It just so happened that he has a FE290 setting on his work bench that he is going to rebuild tomorrow along with a complete service manual! We ran thru everything I've checked and done to it so far and decided to just swap carbs with the one on the work bench. My cart ran GREAT with the donor carb. So the problem is in the carb. He cleaned it and we tried my carb again........and it ran better but still not as good as with his carb. Can the carb just be worn out? He seemed to think the carb might be pulling air from around the throttle shaft causing it to run lean. I'm just trying to decide if I should order a rebuild kit or just bite the bullet and swap out the carb with a new one? As I sit here thinking about it I'm just going to order a new carb so that I know it will be fixed and run right....I'm done messing around with it!

To answer my original question.....the fuel screw setting in the service manual is 1 turn out for anyone that might have been wondering.

He also had a clutch puller so I popped my clutch off to clean it and it looks like a rebuild kit is needed there as well.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Tom
Old 07-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #15
on18's
Getting Wild

Club Car

well i don't want to steer you wrong......but yes it does.... the way i found it was i have a clear spark tester i bought at advance auto parts one end has a stud on one end and a spark plug boot on other end ..hook you coil wire boot to stud end the boot on tester to spark plug run till it starts stalling then check the spark and see if it's still bright if it is then coil is OK because what happen when coil is pressed to max it getting hot and cutting out spark but check it first just don't take my word on it .....also micro switch in the black box by frame rail ..in side there is 2 micro switches the bottom switch can cause it to cut out because thats the one when you let off gas it shuts off motor also check the ground from the black wire from that switch to frame of cart make sure it's clean
on18's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #16
ViperTom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ahhhh.....the cart runs perfect with a different carb on it. I put my carb back on it and it lacks power and throttle response. Its the carb without a doubt....a night and day difference.

Tom
Old 07-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #17
on18's
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTom View Post
Ahhhh.....the cart runs perfect with a different carb on it. I put my carb back on it and it lacks power and throttle response. Its the carb without a doubt....a night and day difference.

Tom
good deal tom glad you got the problem solved to fix yours take carb apart and make sure all jets are open take a air hose and blow them out and un-screw brass ones and run a tip cleaner threw them there is a speck of dirt in there some place i have a tip on my air blow gun that is a needle to blow jets out
on18's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #18
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

on18's...
Tom has done that 2 or 3 times already... that's what stumped me!

Tom...
I've seen where a harley 3 wheeler's throttle shaft wore out,
I wraped some teflon tape around it and it ran great!
I told him to get a new carb, or sell the cart...
he sold it 2 weeks later, and it died on the new owner on the way back to his campsite!

IMO... Bite the bullet, and get a new carb!

thanks for the info on the 1 turn out!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car