lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
aggiefan
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default A-arm lift

Does anyone here have any experience with the 8" a-arm lifts sold on eBay? My cart currently has a 6" spindle lift with stock springs in the rear. I started out looking to buy HD springs and found that whole lift kit with HD springs is only a little over a $100 more. Also, if I end up just doing the rear springs, won't that change rear ride height? Thanks
aggiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: A-arm lift

I have the 8" lift on my cart, and i thought about buying one off e-bay, but a few things changed my mind, first off is it american made??? second have you used this company before??? third and to me a real important one, customer service???? if something is not right, (poor instructions, missing parts, anything)will they go out of there way to make it right???
bought mine from cart part plus, and never looked back............
jmo....

and welcome to bgw....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #3
aggiefan
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the reply. All I really NEED is HD springs in the rear but I don't want that to result in an unlevel stance. I notice you have air shocks on yours, can you adjust ride height and firmness with them?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

I bought one of those kits to use on my cart. After driving it for about 10-12 miles yesterday I DON'T recommend them. VERY STIFF-and I didn't even use the rear leafs that came with the kit. I used the factory leafs and added a 2" block after doing the leaf over conversion. On the front I even removed the extra leaf it is shipped with and also changed the mounting point on the lower a-arm for the sway bar link to lessen the spring tension some. Helped but still very stiff. This winter I'm going to remove the front leaf spring and put coil over shocks on it. Want to buy the new HD springs still in the packaging? LOL
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiefan View Post
Thanks for the reply. All I really NEED is HD springs in the rear but I don't want that to result in an unlevel stance. I notice you have air shocks on yours, can you adjust ride height and firmness with them?
you can change the ride height , but it gets stiff when you go up, i put the air shocks on so i could move my trailers around the yard, but mostly i use them for my neighbors, he weighs about 325lbs, and his wife being polite weighs about 280lbs, so when they get on back, the tires are not rubbing..........
Old 07-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
aggiefan
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It looks like you have both HD springs and air shocks. My rear leaf is only a single.

Street -is yours a 6" lift?
Old 07-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

yes i have the heavy duty springs, they came with the lift, a lot of people say they are way to stiff, but everybody that has ridden on my cart, swear its a nicer ride than what they have, and just in my hood, i would say most of my friends have switched over to the allsports super sport lift. in fairness most either had a spindle lift or no lift at all.........
Old 07-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mine was advertised as an 8" lift. Gave me 5" give or take, plus the 3" from the taller tires equals 8"
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
aggiefan
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well I guess I'm going to have to figure out which way I'm going to go. I'm wanting to be able to pull a small bbq pit trailer and I believe my rear springs are way too soft. When I saw you had air shocks my thought went to maybe I could put those on and use them like air bags.

All my riding consists of beach and street and not much off road so the spindle lift is sufficient for now but I do like the looks of the a-arm kits. I guess I'll put that on my long list of wants.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #10
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

thinks that "want" should move to the top of the list!!!!

towing a bbq pit??? mannnnnnnnnn thats real important.......have grill will travel......being a native texan, i am wondering if it is on a dual axle trailer air shocks would defiantly be needed!!!!

<<<<<<<has been to many of cookoffs........
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car