lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
Konrad
Not Yet Wild

Default Sway control

Hi everyone,
I have just bought a 2008 Yamaha gas cart and had a Jakes 6" lift installed. I am experiencing sway that lifts the front tire off the ground when riders are on the back seat during mid speed turns. This makes the cart feel a little tippy. Previously I owned a 2008 Yamaha 48 volt cart with a Jakes 6" but didn't experience this. I'm thinking that a stiffer set of rear shocks may be the solution. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. Also, what model or G series are the 2008's known as?
Konrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Sway control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
Hi everyone,
I have just bought a 2008 Yamaha gas cart and had a Jakes 6" lift installed. I am experiencing sway that lifts the front tire off the ground when riders are on the back seat during mid speed turns. This makes the cart feel a little tippy. Previously I owned a 2008 Yamaha 48 volt cart with a Jakes 6" but didn't experience this. I'm thinking that a stiffer set of rear shocks may be the solution. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. Also, what model or G series are the 2008's known as?
The real problem is "The Drive"/or G29 is just to light in the front end. Stiffer rear shocks can help.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:28 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

3 options. More air pressure in the rear tires, stiffer springs on the shocks, and put the rear passengers on diets or only ride kids on the back. J/k it's gonna sway a bit no matter what you do but the stiffer springs and higher psi will help some. Just be careful. I've got a 3" lifted g29 and I laws have a non lifted g29 with the rear seats. Any weight over 100-125 lbs on the rear seat or firewood on the flip down portion will get the rear end squirrelly. Just have to limit your speed.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
Konrad
Not Yet Wild

Where can I find stiffer shocks or springs for my cart? The tires are aired up. I'm trying to figure out why the 2008 Yamaha 48V cart that I had, didn't have this sway with the same passengers on back seat.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:50 PM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Only thing I could think of the weight of the batteries but I'm not too sure if the batteries would weigh more than a gas engine with 6 gal of fuel. Jakes makes a set of rear springs to increase payload. Around 90$ if you shop around. Also you can install spacers under the factory springs. I used some 2" pipe about .75" long which helped a lot and cost me about 2$.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #6
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Did a quick search for you.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Jakes-Heavy-Du...950?nav=SEARCH
Old 08-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #7
Konrad
Not Yet Wild

Thanks dbmachine! How do I remove the springs to get the spacers in or replace them?
I like your idea on the spacers.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #8
Konrad
Not Yet Wild

I found a youtube video that came with the ebay link you supplied. Thanks again!
Old 08-08-2015, 03:36 PM   #9
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I went to either oreilys or advance auto and rented one of there coil spring compressors to get it done.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:42 PM   #10
Konrad
Not Yet Wild

Got her done with a v block and hydraulic press. That seemed to stiffen it up quit a bit.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha