lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #1
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Needed EZGo Part Discontinued. Replacement thoughts?

Guys,

I am restoring an older EZGo 36V cart, probably from the late 60s / early 70s. This is a multiple solenoid resistor cart that uses a five terminal switch. See pic. My switch is worn out and needs replaced as it won't stay in the right adjustment.

The EZGo part number is 3003 or 30210-G1.

The good news is that it looks like this switch was used on EZGo carts all the way through the 80s so this switch should be well-known The bad news is that this looks to be discontinued part and I can't find a replacement anywhere. I have been researching the daylights out of it and I can't identify a suitable replacement.

Would anyone happen to know of any other switch will work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 702.jpg (6.0 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Needed EZGo Part Discontinued. Replacement thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Guys,

I am restoring an older EZGo 36V cart, probably from the late 60s / early 70s. This is a multiple solenoid resistor cart that uses a five terminal switch. See pic. My switch is worn out and needs replaced as it won't stay in the right adjustment.

The EZGo part number is 3003 or 30210-G1.

The good news is that it looks like this switch was used on EZGo carts all the way through the 80s so this switch should be well-known The bad news is that this looks to be discontinued part and I can't find a replacement anywhere. I have been researching the daylights out of it and I can't identify a suitable replacement.

Would anyone happen to know of any other switch will work?
I found one....claims they have it in stock.....I will PM you a like to their page and the item.

the switch was also used on cushman's and its p/n is 835344.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Thanks I will call them to see if they happen to have one. I have seen a couple of places showing as having this switch on hand but, so far, when I inquired they all have reported that their website was incorrect. Hopefully I'll get lucky. If not I may have a lead on a decent replacement.

One of the vendors I contacted offered a generic 5 terminal, 3 speed switch (4 positions when including "off") used for old car heater fans as a replacement. In talking it through though, it looks like the shaft on that switch is too short and won't reach my accelerator linkage. This conversation got me thinking though so I starting working the google and found a 5 terminal, 4 position switch that is used for tractor trailer heater applications. It just might do the trick as the shaft is quite a but longer than one the vendor offered up. If that lead you gave me doesn't work I may give this a try and will post my results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Switch.jpg (4.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have a plan. keep us posted is you end up getting stumped again.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:24 AM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Just an update for future forum readers:

I installed the aforementioned 5 terminal, 3 speed switch this past weekend and it works fine.

One note, I found out the hard way that the new switches don't rotate as far as the originals. I got a switch hooked up and the first time I stepped on the accelerator the shaft on the new switch snapped as it rotated past its stopping point. Foreseeing some installation pain I purchased 3 switches (at $8 each these switches are cheap). I installed an accelerator stop at the switch spot and again installed a new switch. Works great.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #6
bhunterp
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Just an update for future forum readers:

I installed the aforementioned 5 terminal, 3 speed switch this past weekend and it works fine.

One note, I found out the hard way that the new switches don't rotate as far as the originals. I got a switch hooked up and the first time I stepped on the accelerator the shaft on the new switch snapped as it rotated past its stopping point. Foreseeing some installation pain I purchased 3 switches (at $8 each these switches are cheap). I installed an accelerator stop at the switch spot and again installed a new switch. Works great.
Where did you buy these switches from. I need one for a der pargo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
bhunterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:40 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the Update!! glad it worked out of you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO