lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
Kingman
Gone Wild

Default Yamaha??

Hi

I just came back from the Villages in Fla and was taken back by seeing almost 90% Yamaha Gas carts. In my neck of the woods (Ga) Yamaha is non existent and gas carts even less existent.

I can see Ezgo or Club Car but why Yamaha? Is it better built, faster more torque?

Thanks
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
marks141
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha??

Depends who you ask. I like mine (Yamaha G9) because I like the setup better. No leaf springs, I believe it to have a strong rear end, lighter, easy to work on, more popular around my area(NY), personal preference mostly. Everyone has their argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marks141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Don't know about the newer ones but my old G1 is a tank

I work on club cars at work from time to time, granted some are on the beach and the operators don't care I'm just not a fan of them. For that matter the Kawasaki mule rates low for me also.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #4
DareDog
Getting Wild

Well the Yamaha one here I can't believe it still runs lol. Put it through its paces and it's held up very well.
DareDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #5
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingman View Post
Hi

I just came back from the Villages in Fla and was taken back by seeing almost 90% Yamaha Gas carts. In my neck of the woods (Ga) Yamaha is non existent and gas carts even less existent.

I can see Ezgo or Club Car but why Yamaha? Is it better built, faster more torque?

Thanks
The Villages in Fla ... there's your answer
Old 06-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Real golf cart freaks love all brands. I know of a guy who has a 2 Yamahas, a Club Car, a Cushman, an EZGo, a Pargo, 2 Columbias and a Harley. They are all mine and I enjoy them all equally.

My own thoughts are that it doesn't matter. With regard to pretty much anything from carts to cars to people to houses to whatever, if you treat them right there's a real good chance they'll treat you right in return.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:18 PM   #7
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

I think you are absolutely correct Lochlin. but for some reason no matter how nice I treated the ex she was always a bunt.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:27 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Hands down- best gas cart is a Yamaha. The only fools who wouldn't attest to that are still messing with the others, and haven't owned a Yamaha. We are a Yamaha & Ezgo dealer, we only stock gas carts in Yamaha brand, not a single new gas Ezgo on the lot.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:07 PM   #9
Kingman
Gone Wild

Thanks Great education
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:50 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Gas yamaha are very well built carts, I don't know how you beat them unless its on price. All three carts will work fine for stock uses but you get into a cart you will see that yamaha engineered the blank out of them. I like them better for the ergonomics and handling, other carts I don't like driving as well. That said sure you can also lift any of them and they work. I'd also say most people don't care and have X brand cart for other reasons.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha