lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
Canusa
Not Yet Wild

Default Are my batteries really charged?

I have a 1994 club car. I just got it from a friend. The batteries are basically brand new. 48v cart with Northern Energy batteries. When I got the cart the batteries were completely flat, 0 volts. The charger relay was toast so I fixed it I've managed to get the batteries up to 8.4 volts each and a collective of 50 volts. When I try to drive the cart it struggles to move forward and when put in reverse I need to push it to get it moving but it does move. The charger is acting as it should after even a little use on the cart it goes to 18amps then drops to 2amps for seconds and begins and completes charge, I think.
Any ideas of why the cart is barely moving? Are the brakes stuck maybe? Where do you think I should start? My first post here but it sure is helpful to read some of the old threads. Thanks
Canusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car