lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #21
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DOT approved windshield question????

I know I'm not in the same county, but what's it worth I'll tell you this process for me couldn't have been any easier. I made it a lot harder then what it was. Just fill out the paperwork, don't add anything else on the paper that they don't ask for and if you don't have receipts for something just say it was already on the cart when you bought it. I did this with most of my items because they were bought online and I didn't have a receipt stamped PAID. Also, I took my cart to a truck stop to be weighed, also very easily done and quick. Make sure you ask for 2 copies so you can keep one.
One final note, make sure you're ready to get insurance on the spot and they will also give you a tag then. I just called up USAA while I was in the DMV and they faxed a paper over saying I now had insurance. The whole inspection process from start to finish for me was less than 30 min and I was out the door with a tagged and street legal LSV.
There are a couple of other threads in the forum that list out details and helped me so whatever I can do to help the next person I don't mind.
You can also message me if you need. I don't check this everyday so be patient if you do have a question. I hope this helps. :-)
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #22
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx104u2nv View Post
I know I'm not in the same county, but what's it worth I'll tell you this process for me couldn't have been any easier. I made it a lot harder then what it was. Just fill out the paperwork, don't add anything else on the paper that they don't ask for and if you don't have receipts for something just say it was already on the cart when you bought it. I did this with most of my items because they were bought online and I didn't have a receipt stamped PAID. Also, I took my cart to a truck stop to be weighed, also very easily done and quick. Make sure you ask for 2 copies so you can keep one.
One final note, make sure you're ready to get insurance on the spot and they will also give you a tag then. I just called up USAA while I was in the DMV and they faxed a paper over saying I now had insurance. The whole inspection process from start to finish for me was less than 30 min and I was out the door with a tagged and street legal LSV.
There are a couple of other threads in the forum that list out details and helped me so whatever I can do to help the next person I don't mind.
You can also message me if you need. I don't check this everyday so be patient if you do have a question. I hope this helps. :-)
Thanks for that response. yes, I think i am overthinking the whole thing. I received the paperwork today in the mail, going to fill it out, get the cart weighed and take my chances. What is the worst that can happen, they will tell me to change something or get more paperwork. I will post how it goes, thanks again.
Billygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #23
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billygoat View Post
Thanks for that response. yes, I think i am overthinking the whole thing. I received the paperwork today in the mail, going to fill it out, get the cart weighed and take my chances. What is the worst that can happen, they will tell me to change something or get more paperwork. I will post how it goes, thanks again.
There is another place right by the truck stop called U Pull it, its a junk yard. A guy told me that he went there and it was real easy access and cost about 10 dollars but he didn’t remember exactly the price. U Pull It is right next to the 595 Truck Stop.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #24
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop View Post
There is another place right by the truck stop called U Pull it, its a junk yard. A guy told me that he went there and it was real easy access and cost about 10 dollars but he didn’t remember exactly the price. U Pull It is right next to the 595 Truck Stop.
I know where that is thanks. I heard today, the stone place on Hammerville Road does it also and they are just down the street from my work so it looks like I might try there. I will drive by there on Monday and check it out if I get a chance and keep you posted.
Billygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:27 AM   #25
Z-Ya Later
Not Yet Wild

Long dead thread but I wanted to let you all know I got my cart inspected and got a VIN yesterday at the DMV in Margate on Banks Road. I found this thread because I was worried about my non DOT windshield as well.

The inspection was a JOKE!!!!! I never took the cart off the trailer. The "inspector" come out of the building, walked around the trailer looking at the cart, slapped the VIN sticker on crooked and said i'll be right back with your paperwork.

I don't think he spent 20 seconds looking at it. No testing the lights, turn signals or horn. No checking the windshield for the DOT etching. No speed check.

Anywho that's what happened to me. Your results may vary.
Z-Ya Later is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:14 PM   #26
eddieford
Not Yet Wild

Did you have to make an appointment? I live in St Pete / Tampa, the Tampa DMV inspection is quite adamant about the DOT stamp....

The only do Wednesday from 8am to 2pm.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Ya Later View Post
Long dead thread but I wanted to let you all know I got my cart inspected and got a VIN yesterday at the DMV in Margate on Banks Road. I found this thread because I was worried about my non DOT windshield as well.

The inspection was a JOKE!!!!! I never took the cart off the trailer. The "inspector" come out of the building, walked around the trailer looking at the cart, slapped the VIN sticker on crooked and said i'll be right back with your paperwork.

I don't think he spent 20 seconds looking at it. No testing the lights, turn signals or horn. No checking the windshield for the DOT etching. No speed check.

Anywho that's what happened to me. Your results may vary.
eddieford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 04:01 PM   #27
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Wow, that's good to know. I'm up in Palm Beach. I hadn't intended on making the cart street legal at this point though.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car