lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2017, 09:22 AM   #1
dbhutto
Not Yet Wild

Default Possible Electrical Issue with Forward/Reverse

I have a 94 Gas Club Car that was my wife's grandfathers. It sat up for a while but I got it running well but had some trash in the gas tank so i wanted to pull the tank and clean. That's when my trouble started. My buddy pulled up on the body which pulled the wires loose on the forward/reverse mechanism. 2 limit switches located here. The limit switch closest to steering wheel has 1 prong. the next has 3 prongs. Then I get to looking around and in the glove box i find a limit switch with 2 prongs that was removed at some point. I have enough thread for this to go on there just stumped as to where it came from. I have 5 wires (grn, blk, wht, red/wht and orange). Where do they need to go? I tried to hook it back up and did have some arcing. Did I burn something up? Blow a fuse? Cart does nothing when I hit the gas no matter how I hook the wires. Thanks
dbhutto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Possible Electrical Issue with Forward/Reverse

How about some pictures
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #3
dbhutto
Not Yet Wild

You have to be a member for 7 days to post pictures. I just found this website while researching the issue. I can email pics though
dbhutto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:01 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Try this diagram. I know it say's up to 1991 but the newer carts aren't much different, electrically speaking, and I believe they use the same color wires. This should be accurate to your cart.

You can ignore the red/white and orange wires that come out of that second micro switch on the shifter, those are only for the reverse buzzer (which I find annoying)...lol

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:38 AM   #5
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good Drawings
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car