lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default g2 warms up and then dies

My G2 will start and run fine for about 5 minutes, then it looses power slowly(20 seconds)and sputters out.I noticed a little oil by valve cover and cleaned it up . When we ran cart till it died,we noticed a little new oil by cover just when it started to die, so I ordered a new valve cover gasket.Don't know if this is the problem, but it still needs fixed. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening/
hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2017, 09:24 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: g2 warms up and then dies

Understand that I don't know 4 strokes much so please excuse it if I am off-base It could be that, once your engine warms up it isn't drawing enough fuel to run. Perhaps check for vapor lock. You may know this but vapor lock is what happens when the inside of your cart is overheating thus causing the fuel to vaporize prior to carberation. In these instances you want to make sure your muffler is clear, and that any heat deflectors, insulation, etc. are in place.

I am sure some 4 stroke guys will chime in soon enough with more input.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

First thing you need to do it take the cart out and run it and once it dies pull the spark plug and and see if it's wet or dry and check spark if it's dry it's a fuel issue if it's wet than it's an ignition issue need to figure out what one it is and can go from there
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:45 AM   #4
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This started in June. Heat shields are all there, so I ruled out vapor lock. Put in new plug ,it died, I pulled plug and saw a little fuel so I figured spark and ordered a new ignition coil. Not the right answer. My son suggested it maybe a cracked fuel bowl since we could now smell fuel. Got a new carb and when he was changing it he noticed a kinked fuel line. Who knew a kinked fuel line would stop fuel flow? All is good in my world again.
hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha