lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #1
tubb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Red face ezgo waterlogged

I just purchased a 2nd hand cart from a guy that said it had been in water up to body during last years storm in myrtle beach. of course it doesn't run and he had been messing with it. I found wires disconnected and rust on f/r switch and accelerator box. I figure on replacing these two parts . is this a good start or just wasting my time?
tubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo waterlogged

we can assume you got it cheap.....first thing I would inspect is the frame....as long as you have a usable frame, the rest of its gravy. I would be taking the motor out and have a good look at it too.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #3
tubb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yes got it very cheap..body, seats and everything up is in excellent condition. frame looks good and motor passed the test. just put it back in. don't know on controller yet but batteries are good. f/r switch and acc. pedal are what I'm looking to attack tomorrow. I don't want to put a lot into this one .
Old 08-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #4
tubb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Re: ezgo waterlogged

ok here is where I'm at..got to motor controller.. it is a Curtis 25864G09.. what other will be compatible? what are the specs on this one?
Old 08-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

That controller was used on 1994-current E-Z-GO Medalist and TXT 36-Volt Series Electric Vehicles. Rated at 250 amp

are you thinking its bad? or are you just looking into a replacement? as far as a replacement go with a Alltrax controller. and depending on which one to go with you depend on what you intend to do with the cart. They have a 300 amp that gives a tad more than stock that would do if you are just going to replace the controller. but if you are needing/wanting to upgrade the drive system and replacing the F&R switch/solenoid/high current cables.....you might want to consider going up a notch to the 400 amp controller.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
tubb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok thanks.. what about the lights? I replaced the switch..where do they get their power from?
Old 08-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubb View Post
ok thanks.. what about the lights? I replaced the switch..where do they get their power from?
I couldn't say....depends whether they were factory installed lights or added later.....you best bet would be to trace the wires.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #8
tubb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

factory installed
Old 08-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Green wire to the + post of the back center battery and black wire - post back pass side battery if it is the stock harness without a reducer
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #10
tubb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok thanks.. does key need to be on or whatever for lights to work?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO