lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Steering Tie Rod Ends

I was under my cart and noticed that the cotter pins going through the tie rod end was well below the castle nuts and doing nothing to keep the joint snug. I installed an All Sports lift and apparently the steering control arms are thinner than factory for whatever reason. My question is can a few washers/spacer be installed above the castle nut so the hole in the tie-rod end bolt aligns with the slot in the castle nut? Does anyone know the torque spec on the castle nut?

Thanks,
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Steering Tie Rod Ends

Yes you can, I have many times. Sorry I do not know a torque, I just use my breaker bar and pull them down very tightly to seat them on the crown.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:13 PM   #3
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok, went bought a stack of washers and new cotter pins to adjust. Can someone tell me the method you use to keep the tie-rod end castle bolt from turning? I'm talking about the joint on the short steering rod out of the steering rack. I think the tie-rod ends on the long cross connecting won't turn...at least they didn't when I backed the castle nuts off.

Nole, if your using a breaker bar to seat them what's the trick?
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:14 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I have never had that issue. Mine pull right down. The piece you are referencing is like a pitman arm. It adjust the centerline of the steering wheel as long as it is installed correctly. It should be just like the tie-rod ends.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:29 PM   #5
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have had to place a jack under ball joints to force them tightly into the taper to remove rusted nuts. It will also work for installing. A small impact can also help too.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car