lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
Rahsaan007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lightbulb To Modify or Restore - 1981 36v club cart

Hello BGW (Buggiesgonewild),
*New to golf carts and forum*
I've recently purchased a 1981 Club Cart. The guy I bought this from told me it was a 1998. The serial number reads A8103, which if reading this correctly would mean -1981 , March.
This did not have batteries and I currently don't know what state the motor is in. Based on the info from the previous owner it sounds like the motor should be good. The motor in this cart is a Hitachi - DC Motor MT320 - 07, class B , output-2.0kw, rating .5Hr.
I recently purchased a large property containing large hay fields and woods. It has some hilly terrain. I got this cart with the intent of getting around the property. Ideally this cart would seat 4 and potentially be able to tow a small garden cart.
I'm looking for more information first about the cart itself. Even a spec breakdown of wiring and build out. What Im wondering is this a cart worth modifying or just restoring. Based on what I want to do with this cart - am I gutting / dropping in a completely new system as apose to just getting it running. Is this cart to old to lift and modify ? Looking for direction and advise all are welcome. My thought process is why just get this running if a major overhaul is needed. Is this a cart that is better left as is and that I should be looking for something newer to modified ?
Because I'm new I can not post any pictures yet...
Thanks
Rahsaan
Rahsaan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: To Modify or Restore - 1981 36v club cart

Welcome to BGW
The limitation I see with this vintage cart is that the early differential is weaker than the late 80s models and more importantly it will not accept modern off the shelf high torque motors like the Admiral A1. So - if you want to restore or upgrade find a 1987 and up rear end or donor cart. Good luck and enjoy the ride
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #3
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: To Modify or Restore - 1981 36v club cart

Welcome! Been there, done that. If your 'glass from the past, is as sound as mine was it is very doable. But as Scotty sez, a newer diff will be required and the 84 and up steering box, bracket and column since your Ross box will probably be worn and doesn't work well with A arm lift kits anyways. Other than that everything else is the same. Be nice to see some pics of the girl as us early DS guys are kinda rare here. Keep us posted!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1981, 36v, club cart, modify, restore
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides