lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2019, 12:12 AM   #11
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Do the freedom chips work that I see online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyer2007 View Post
I’m outside of Pittsburgh in Conway pa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your fastest and easiest would be to send to Bob.

If you want to learn more about how it is done and are looking for a project, you can actually build your own PC based Curtis programmer using BGW posted instructions and DIY. However, that project is NOT for the faint of heart and requires lots of careful reading and ordering the correct cables, etc. If you just want cart to go faster, send to Bob.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2019, 12:45 AM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyer2007 View Post
How much does that usually run to do it?
If you send it in a flat rate padded envelope, the cost is about $8 each way. I currently do not charge members for doing this. You pay for mailing it each way. You can send a PM to usgicollector and he will PM you the instructions.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:40 AM   #13
dreyer2007
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
If you send it in a flat rate padded envelope, the cost is about $8 each way. I currently do not charge members for doing this. You pay for mailing it each way. You can send a PM to usgicollector and he will PM you the instructions.
Can you send me a private msg so i can give you my cell number to set this up. thank you
dreyer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:02 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

send a message to usgicollector. Bob's PM box is full..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:04 PM   #15
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The controller in a 2012 TXT48 is programmable. Freedom mode can be toggled on and both speed and torque can be turned up. You can remove the controller and mail it to be reprogrammed. It gets mailed back and you reinstall it. I do them quite often. Having good batteries and better cables helps with the improvement so it can draw more current as needed.

Bob
hi Bob, I have unlocked my 48v TXT 1206 5201 controller and an advance 3.8kw motor. are there any recommended settings I can change to improve speed and torque. I own a Curtis hand held with OEM access. thanks in advance - Phil
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:44 PM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The OEM handset will let you change a few things but the big question is it in Freedom mode already ? If not these other settings won't help much.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:32 PM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Billy View Post
hi Bob, I have unlocked my 48v TXT 1206 5201 controller and an advance 3.8kw motor. are there any recommended settings I can change to improve speed and torque. I own a Curtis hand held with OEM access. thanks in advance - Phil
Sorry Phil

The settings required are 2 levels beyond OEM level. You cannot access them from an OEM handset.

Once those are turned up, then you can use your OEM handset to adjust the profile settings that you CAN access to slow things down, if you so desire.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:55 PM   #18
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The OEM handset will let you change a few things but the big question is it in Freedom mode already ? If not these other settings won't help much.
yes, it is in Freedom mode and I have adjusted some the field min, field ramp and field max values. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making changes that would be catastrophic. Thanks
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:18 PM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Billy View Post
yes, it is in Freedom mode and I have adjusted some the field min, field ramp and field max values. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making changes that would be catastrophic. Thanks
I normally must remove Freedom Mode prior to making changes, then restore Freedom Mode afterwards. The passkey used to enable Freedom Mode also makes changes to the maps that can corrupt a controller if not reversed prior to making changes. The end result of applying a passkey to enable Freedom Mode is a reduction of the maximum current that the controller is allowed to pass. In other words, it speeds up the top speed allowed, but lowers the maximum current permitted to get you there. It was designed to combat the use of larger tires to get your speed over the limit. Larger tires require more current, so with less current available you get slowed down. With stock tires, you probably won't notice the change.

Adjusting the Field Map values could have a catastrophic effect upon the motor. If I were you, I would consult with the motor manufacturer and let them give you the optimum values for your motor so you can insert those values in the Field Maps. I worked in a motor rewind facility, so I have some experience in remapping. Every motor is different to some degree. Builds are typically geared towards common parameters for a certain model of motor. Motors are then usually tested and a proper map is built or selected that will accomodate that particular build, within an acceptable margin of error.

Bob
Old 09-05-2019, 06:45 PM   #20
rib33024

Phil_Billy we try not to high jack another members threads around here
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speed torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO