lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2019, 07:00 PM   #1
Livnpaintball
Not Yet Wild

Default My new old 2017 Precedent, throttle issues

So I just picked up my first electric cart and it’s a 2017 golf course return. Full throttle runs great but mid throttle it surges. From what I’ve gathered here it’s the MCOR, but on a 2017? Kinda early to fail isn’t it?
Livnpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: My new old 2017 Precedent, throttle issues

The phrase "they don't make 'em like they used to" is more true today than at any point in history.

Sadly even Club Car is going the same path as EZGO has been. Lower quality (they had many revisions to the MCOR on DS and two pedal group changes in the Precedent) and then there's the ERIC system with chargers that fail about the same as a PowerWise QE on an EZGO does.

Could be your MCOR but a handheld is a better way to find out. They're like OBD scanners on cars, and modern Golf Cars are getting to where you need them to figure out some symptoms.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:42 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: My new old 2017 Precedent, throttle issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnpaintball View Post
So I just picked up my first electric cart and it’s a 2017 golf course return. Full throttle runs great but mid throttle it surges. From what I’ve gathered here it’s the MCOR, but on a 2017? Kinda early to fail isn’t it?
With key off pump your go pedal 20-30 times, if that helps your mcor is worn or has oxidation in it.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car