lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2022, 09:41 AM   #1
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Exclamation After charge... NO GO

I'm trying to narrow down my issue. For some reason the last two times I've charged it, the following day it doesn't go. Solenoid doesn't click. I can only hear a faint click at the pedal.

This happened last week and I thought it was the solenoid, so I replaced it with an Amazon one. New one currently installed and I'm getting the same thing which led me to test my old solenoid and found it's working.

I'll back up. Got the cart with no batteries. After I installed the set of batteries it worked fine. No issues. Came with a power drive charger but i thas a manual timer added on, so it doesn't automatically kick on. When I plugged that one in the volts never moved, even though it was powered on by the dial. Ordered a new charge, MODZ Max charger. It wouldn't kick on either. After checking everything I found a 30 amp fuse that was broken. Replaced that and it's been charging fine now. But I'm right back to the same issue of after a charge it won't move. Starting reading online thinking maybe batteries were out of range for solenoid. According to what I found it should kick on anywhere from all the way up to 56v. I'm reading 54.2v on the pack.

Not sure where to go from here.

I appreciate your guys help as always!
bwhitsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2022, 10:06 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: After charge... NO GO

If it as an OBC, it may be preventing your cart from running. With your MODZ charger, you should bypass the OBC if you haven't already.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 11:17 AM   #3
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
If it as an OBC, it may be preventing your cart from running. With your MODZ charger, you should bypass the OBC if you haven't already.
As always thanks for responding Volt. In my case I don't have an OBC. Kinda scratching my head on this one.
Old 10-21-2022, 11:21 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like a controller issue. What controller do you have and does it have any diagnostics?
Old 10-21-2022, 11:40 AM   #5
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Sounds like a controller issue. What controller do you have and does it have any diagnostics?
I'm looking at a white box Curtis 1515-5206 DC controller. That thought has crossed my mind. I'm sure most would vote to just replace the controller with an upgraded model. Which I would think would be much better than finding a replacement for what I have.

Is there an easy way to test the motor? What would be a sign of that going out?
Old 10-21-2022, 11:58 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If your solenoid isn't clicking, I doubt that it's a motor problem. There are plenty of threads here for testing the motor. It's fairly easy to test a motor - not so easy to test a controller.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:06 PM   #7
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
If your solenoid isn't clicking, I doubt that it's a motor problem. There are plenty of threads here for testing the motor. It's fairly easy to test a motor - not so easy to test a controller.
Thank you for the help!
Old 10-22-2022, 09:24 AM   #8
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Made a call to Mr. David Hicks at Revolution Golf Carts yesterday and sure enough he helped me pinpoint my issue. Ever since the beginning I though it was a solenoid issue after fixing a blown fuse all because it wasn't clicking. Once I listed everything I had done he felt pretty confident that it was the MCOR.

So when I got home yesterday the cart still wouldn't move. I took off the mat and the four bolts hold the go and brake pedal down. After fiddling with the MCOR the cart started to move and it's still moving. Getting with him next week to get a replacement coming. Already ordered a good quality solenoid so I'll replace that for good measure since the one in the cart was original.

If your cart acts like this and you've checked everything else to the best of your ability, then it might just be the MCOR.
Old 10-26-2022, 03:09 PM   #9
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

One last thing to add to this thread. After replacing the MCOR no go. I did however subconsciously turn the key switch off and on thinking that would help and after all I've checked and replaced up to this point I finally figured out it was the switch. I was turning it on too far, or out of range I guess. Turning it back a tick has caused the cart to run without issue for days now. Got a new switch ordered. Still waiting on the solenoid from David, and I went ahead a installed the new speed sensor but I'm hanging onto all of my old parts. Finally I can move onto the cosmetic upgrades section.

Thanks for the help and ideas! 😁
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car