lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Dryseals
Not Yet Wild

Default Adding a twelve volt battery

Hey folks, new guy here. Bought a 2002 G22E 48Volt type and just getting started playing. So I wanted headlight and tail lights and I looked over the setups for the voltage reducers, found they have a high failure rate. So instead I'm adding a 12 volt battery right behind the tray. Figured a deep cycle trolling motor would do fine. My question is has any one built a tray in the location I'm talking about and do we have pictures.
Dryseals is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Adding a twelve volt battery

Not sure what your "end results" is gonna be, but have you looked at Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop?......they have alot of different kinda trays with tie-down straps already intergrated......24, 27, or 31 series batteries....

I did the same thing your looking at......I ended up installing two 31 series 12volt gel filled deep cycles tied together.....12volts with twice the amps......I was gonna install trays until I placed 'em in the bagwell, and found out they slide in perfectly, and just needed (and still need) tie-down straps....

Good luck with the project....
rcdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
Dryseals
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdd View Post
Not sure what your "end results" is gonna be, but have you looked at Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop?......they have alot of different kinda trays with tie-down straps already intergrated......24, 27, or 31 series batteries....

I did the same thing your looking at......I ended up installing two 31 series 12volt gel filled deep cycles tied together.....12volts with twice the amps......I was goinna install trays until I placed 'em in the bagwell, and found out they slide in perfectly, and just needed (and still need) tier-down straps....

Good luck with the project....
Thanks, I built a crossmemebr tonight, haven't used the mig in a long time so my welds looked a tad sloppy. It'll bolt in to some existing tabs from the manufacturer. What I'm looking for now is an outside plug for charging, something I can rig up on my existing 12volt charger to recharge as needed.
Dryseals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryseals View Post
Thanks, I built a crossmemebr tonight, haven't used the mig in a long time so my welds looked a tad sloppy. It'll bolt in to some existing tabs from the manufacturer. What I'm looking for now is an outside plug for charging, something I can rig up on my existing 12volt charger to recharge as needed.
Check at your local RV or trailer supply co. They should have an assortment of different style, type and prong or flat blade count flush mount plugs to choose from.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha