lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
mikemathis18
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up cc headache

I cant win i bought a 1996 cc for a project no experience what so ever in this field ok so here we go i purchased a 350 amp controller a new 48 volt solenoid a new beefed up f&r switch well i also purchased a motor from a guy who said it would work it just came out of a newer cc well of course me not doing my homework i installed they look excatly the same well before i installed the controller i had 52.9 everywhere. and cart was not doing nothing anyways, well after the new controller only getn 10 volts well i also noticed the resistor on my solenoid was broke so not sure if that has somenthing to do with it. ok i did buy a new potentiometer but havent installed yet if anyone knows can u tell me if i bought the wrong electric motor i got it from a guy off craigslist before i knew anything about carts and he said it would work but not sure of factory model num on old electric motor threw it away but the new model num is 5bc59jbs6360 will this motor work or did i buy it for nothing. one more thing can any one tell me if this model is a series cart i belive it is
mikemathis18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: cc headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemathis18 View Post
I cant win i bought a 1996 cc for a project no experience what so ever in this field ok so here we go i purchased a 350 amp controller a new 48 volt solenoid a new beefed up f&r switch well i also purchased a motor from a guy who said it would work it just came out of a newer cc well of course me not doing my homework i installed they look excatly the same well before i installed the controller i had 52.9 everywhere. and cart was not doing nothing anyways, well after the new controller only getn 10 volts well i also noticed the resistor on my solenoid was broke so not sure if that has somenthing to do with it. ok i did buy a new potentiometer but havent installed yet if anyone knows can u tell me if i bought the wrong electric motor i got it from a guy off craigslist before i knew anything about carts and he said it would work but not sure of factory model num on old electric motor threw it away but the new model num is 5bc59jbs6360 will this motor work or did i buy it for nothing. one more thing can any one tell me if this model is a series cart i belive it is
If you bought a beefed up F&R Switch you've definitely got a series car.... The new motor you bought... does it have a pigtail wire coming out of the end of it? If so, it'll never work.. It's a Shunt (Non-Series) motor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
mikemathis18
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: cc headache

no no pig tail its the same setup but someone just has me nervous about it i thought they were the same but i guess there is a differnce
Old 05-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Is is an OEM motor? If so, What color is the label? Should be either white with blue writing or white with green writing.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you also need to replace that resistor...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
mikemathis18
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

resister and diode is on the way with the potentiometer and the lettering on the sticker is actually white sticker with black writing and a lil blue part of the sticker and lettering and words are black to
Old 05-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemathis18 View Post
resister and diode is on the way with the potentiometer and the lettering on the sticker is actually white sticker with black writing and a lil blue part of the sticker and lettering and words are black to
I'd like to see a picture of this... Doesn't sound like an OEM motor to me.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #8
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
you also need to replace that resistor...................................

Just what does that resistor and diode do on the solenoid? Been doing a search but haven`t come up with anything. I found the resistor broke on mine too.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:34 AM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

According to the numbers provided the motor is a stock 48 volt 3.1 HP SERIES motor. Amazing, found that googling the number.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Just what does that resistor and diode do on the solenoid? Been doing a search but haven`t come up with anything. I found the resistor broke on mine too.

CartTrader
36 or 48v? 200 or 400 amps? There is a difference
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1996cc model a9642-536366
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car