lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #11
jcow
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: replaced solenoid, now nothing

First time cart owner so need some guidance on that. First, what do you mean by "activation circuit"? Is that the two small posts on the solenoid?

If so, I am getting no reading when I turn on the cart and depress the pedal. I am getting a reading on the large posts though.
jcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

no problem.

Yes, the activation circuit I am refering to is the 2 small posts on the solenoid. If you place 1 probe on each post (with rear wheels off the ground and car in forward), and step on the pedal, do you see full pack voltage?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #13
jcow
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The wheels are not off the ground............but no reading when I put the tester on them.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

and you tested with the cart in gear, key on and pedal depressed? If so we need to trace back the wiring and figure out where you are losing power (or ground).
Old 07-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #15
jcow
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

yes but no reading.

Not sure if you read the very beginning of the post but this all started with me replacing a solenoid that literaly melted down at one of the big posts (but was still running) I replace the solenoid but with some bad advice from a friend did not wire correctly, saw a small puff of smoke from the solenoid then nothing. So I replaced again along with the diode. Per the wiring schematic I have it right. Thought you knowing all of this might point you the right direction.

This is a White tower style solenoid (same as the original one). Banded end of diode and yellow wire that goes to limit switch (F/R control) on one small post, green wire that leads to the speed switch and the other end of the diode wire on the other post.

suggestions?
Old 07-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #16
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If I remember correctly, the green wire (going to the V-Glide) is ground. Check to see if you are getting ground on that terminal. It is really EASY to accidentially pull the green wire off the microswitch in the V-Glide (BTDT a thousand times).
Old 07-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #17
jcow
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

you are correct, the green is the ground. It seems to have a solid connection. How would I check the ground?
Old 07-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #18
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

put the red probe on the 36v positive terminal of the battery pack and the black probe on the small post of the solenoid that the green wire is attached to. Cart in gear, cart in FWD, depress the pedal. If you don't read full pack voltage, start back tracking the wire. Next stop back is the V-Glide micro, repeat the test on each side of that micro.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #19
jcow
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Rabbit, I appreciate your patience with a rookie like me. When you say 36v of positive terminal, will any positive on a battery work or is there one in the sequence of batterys I need to use. Also, the Vglide is a closed unit on this. I can get the cover off but access to the wiring in it sucks. Will give it a shot.

Don't know if this means anything, but was testing the large posts on the solenoid. When I place the black probe on what should be the ground post (wire from vglide) and the red on the hot post (wire from F/R switch) my tester wants to give a negative reading. When I reverse the probes I get a full reading???

Just tested the green wire and post as you posted, HOWEVER..when I do as you asked with the red on the pos battery post and the black probe on the solenoid green wire, the meter goes negative. When I reverse this I get a full reading. It's as if the polarity on this thing is reversed. Keep in mind I have not touched any wiring except those on the solenoid.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #20
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok first, the 36V pos is the pos post on the front battery on the Passenger's side.
The 36v neg is the neg post on the front battery on the Driver's side.

So it sounds like they ran a neg through the key and the F&R micro on your car. That's fine, we just have to reverse the testing. am I understanding correctly that when placing the red probe on the small terminal with the green wire on it and the black probe on the other small terminal and you depress the pedal you are seeing full pack voltage?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car