lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
mmasiowski
Not Yet Wild

Default F/R microswitch quick question

Hi all, great site

2000 CC DS 36v with vglide and resistors - no controller

I think I have a problem with the F/R microswitch. when I test the voltage I get consistent #'s at the battery, large solenoid post and the input side of the f/r switch. I do not get any reading on the output side of the switch (the wire leading to the small post on the solenoid) and no voltage on the small post of the solenoid. My question is: should I register voltage across this switch when the cart is in forward or reverse (key on, pedal pressed)? New solenoid, new batteries and I do get reverse warning buzzer.

Thanks for the help
mmasiowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: F/R microswitch quick question

Check the micro switch on back of F&R as it makes connection between the ( V Glide inside micro switch ) and key switch to solenoid whenever F&R is in a selected position. Often you can tap on micro and make it work temproarily.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
mmasiowski
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I'll try tapping it. I don't get any current across the switch in any position - so I think it is bad - just trying to make sure so I don't buy any unnecessary parts.
mmasiowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

You might also try moving lever on micro up and down ( careful as light metal lever bends easily) as some times that gets them working temporarily? They are not too bad as last one I bought only ran $3-$4 from dealer. I do know what you mean as with the economy hitting bottom for us fixed income retired people its really the pits?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car