lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
99roushcart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 95 CC 48volt solinoid click but will not go

I have a 1995 cc with a 550 amp controller and 12hp motor. The problem I am having is that the solinoid clicks but the motor does not run. I need to know how to test to see if the controller is getting power, and outputting power. here is a little back gorund.

I tried to charge my batteries overnight last week and the charger stayed in bulk charge. This cooked all the water out of the batteries, not good I know!
I refilled the batteries and charged again. I have 51 volts for the whole bank, and each battery shows 8.70 volts roughly. I found the resistor to be burnt on the solinoid and was told that the solinoid could be bad. I also found my accelerator micro bad. I have replaced the solinoid and micro. Now everything clicks but motor does not run.

I'm not sure if the batteries could be bad? or possibly a controller. Sorry for the long message just wanted to give all the details. any help would be greatly appreciated.
99roushcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
99roushcart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 95 CC 48volt solinoid click but will not go

I just tested the solinoid Big + has 51.3 volts when the accelerator is pushed I get 51.3 volts to the small + terminal and across the solinoid to the oposite big terminal.

From there it goes to the controller 550 amp curtis controller, the green wire on the same controller post shows 51.3 volts out to the motor.
so it appears that the motor is getting voltage.

am I on the right track?
Old 07-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
99roushcart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 95 CC 48volt solinoid click but will not go

Found out that the controller was bad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car