lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #1
arcountryboy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 wire problems

New here, I tried searching but did not find much like my problem. My 1981 G1 started and ran good, I shut it off and went to fire it back up and nothing, not even a click. I checked the fuses near the battery and did some looking around. This thing confuses me because all the ground wires are showing hot with a test light??? There is a big ground cable from the solinoid to the battery, then a small ground from the frame to the solinoids, these are not hot but the small one goes from the solinoids to a fuse block, the other side of the fuse block shows hot with a test light, how can this be? I didnt know grounds were supposed to be hot. I do know you can run a ground strap from the negative battery terminal to the frame and it will start. Any advice on this issue?

To add to this, every peice of metal including the metal cap on the sprk plug wire is hot. The only thing I can find not hot is the ground from the solinoid to the fuse link, then it's hot on the other side.
arcountryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 wire problems

These carts have ground wires, not grounded frame. You have a bad ground check the clamp on the battery and follow those wires. Common issues are the ground on the generator and any grounds to the engine. Once mine did that and it was just the clamps on the battery, they looked fine but didn't work. I used a wire type cleaner and it still didn't work. Finally I had to actually file the posts and inside of clamps to get it to work right.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
ky_mike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Any luck yet? Mine was doing the same and I found it just wasn't grounded to the neg. terminal of the battery. Maybe post a pic of your wires around the solenoid and battery and we may see something out of the ordinary.
ky_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
arcountryboy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Got it this afternoon, put new battery cables and ends on cause they were needed. No change so I unwrapped the harness and started checking wires. There is a rubber tubed fuse link from the solonoid to the harness. It was bad, fuse was good but you could wiggle it and it would work then stop again. I cut it and replaced with a modern blade fuse. and it seems to be running decent on th stands right now. Still have to fix the throttle bracket and hoping I can find a deal on all 4 motor mounts for less than 80 bucks!
arcountryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha