lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
DustyWolfe
Not Yet Wild

Default New and have some questions

ok first i just randomly decided to look for a forum on this so i could get some basic info. I have a yamaha gas cart and cant seem to find any plates or markings to tell what it is.judging by the pictures its either a g6 or g7 i think but i saw somewhere that they all had the same engine. i noticed it has a very small carb on it maybe a mikuni 16mm or so. are carb swaps common on these? it looks like it could seriously benefit from a bigger carb. also the exhaust looks like its about 3/8 i/d maybe half inch. i assume thats to keep it quiet but i believe its like a 285cc or something like that. are there major gains to be had in the exhaust? everything on the spec sheets for these seems normal i.e. 8:1 compression and such. both carb and exhaust seem way too small. i have a 22mm mikuni and could make an intake for it, ive already done it for the carb once on my gx160 mini bike. i guess my quesion is will an exhaust make a decent difference and is the intake manifold fabrication worth it to put a bigger carb on? thanks
DustyWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #2
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: New and have some questions

Welcome Dusty. First off, take a look in the Gas Yamaha header section for lots of advice on determining what cart you have, that will really help you out here. Second, even with bigger carb and exhaust you are still building on what started out at 9 hp. There are some very high performance small motors on here but it takes a lot of time, money and ingenuity to make a big difference in a small motor....Good Luck on what you decide to do and keep us updated!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
DustyWolfe
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the reply so quick... my thought was say my four wheeler is a 250 ans obvously its a little different but its got like a 35mm cv carb on it and 1 1/4 exhaust. im not really looking for mass torque but a little help for some hills woud be nice. im planning on taking it to my cabin in cascade and using it like a utv. what engine swaps do you recommend? what size input does the tc use?
DustyWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Most stock carts can benefit from a torque spring install or clutch machining for pulling those hills....find out what cart you have for more help on this.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...time-line.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-locators.html
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha