lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
pogosmoke
Not Yet Wild

Default Will these tires fit my 2006?

I have some woods behind my house and have been driving my cart around and it does good but i lose traction on hills and need a little bit more clearence. Im trying to not spend $800 on lift and new tires and have been told that 20" tires will fit on the standard model. For example would this tire fit Kenda Scorpion ATV Tire 20x10-8?

If so do I need spacers since its wider etc? Thx.
pogosmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Will these tires fit my 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogosmoke View Post
I have some woods behind my house and have been driving my cart around and it does good but i lose traction on hills and need a little bit more clearence. Im trying to not spend $800 on lift and new tires and have been told that 20" tires will fit on the standard model. For example would this tire fit Kenda Scorpion ATV Tire 20x10-8?

If so do I need spacers since its wider etc? Thx.
pogo, IMO, go ahead and buy the lift and some knobbies for the back, save your money and get the tire/wheel combo you want. You didn't state what kind of cart you have but the bigger tires may require a bigger controller as well.

Welcome to Buggies Gone Wild where the fun never ends
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
pogosmoke
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2006 PDS Ez-go I use the Hill chip.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

If you want the best prices on tires and wheels, please visit the site sponsors, they keep the forum alive as well. Use the torque chip and a huge lift is not needed. A lift in moderation would help, although you do not need to blow it way out of proportion and buy 20 inch tires. It is not recommended to lift the PDS carts because of the ENORMOUS amounts of heat it generates.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
pogosmoke
Not Yet Wild

So what lift would you recommend? Should I look for an 18" tie with mud grips? These seem hard to find. Also whats the rules of getting wider tires say a 10? Do I need spacers?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
webster
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Pogo

Go ahead and make the right upgrades and you'll be fine with the lifted PDS. I have a 4 inch lift with 22 inch tires, 10 inch rims and the back seat. Now, I did upgrade the controller to a 400 amp and I went to a HD solenoid and I went to 2 ga wire throughout the entire cart, but for example last weekend I hauled myself at 168 pounds, my buddy at 350 lbs and a 185 lb deer up one of our many hills at our hunting lease with no problems. The hill is probably close to 40 degrees. Also, my cart tops out at 20 mph on 36 volts on the flats. Spend you money wisely making the right purchases first and you'll end up with a bullet proof ride.
webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

yes you can run 20" tires w/o a lift, but under certain left hand turns and flexing the tires will rub the brake pedal assy. I do it all the time.

You can do the EZGO 2" lift if you dont want to go big. it will be perfect with 20" tires. The kit includes frt and rr HD springs, perfect for adding rear seat and other accessories. Sometimes I add the 2" lift to the EZGO 4" lift.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO