lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
kpauley
Gone Wild

Default Trying to put together top, don't have all the parts

I have a '99 EZGO TXT, it's used around the farm and is pretty beat up, it came with the property when we bought it 6 months ago. It has a utility bed in the back.

I found the plastic top in good condition in one of the barns and I think the windshield. I also found three support rails I believe, but I also think all three of them are broken in one way or another (the ends look like they have been pinched off, I just took one general picture of them because I think they may be a lost cause).

I'd like to get the top installed, I'll take a picture of the plastic top it if needed, it's pretty long, has a handle on each side in the back, looks like the one I see in the manual but I'm not sure where to look to confirm if it's original or some aftermarket kit.

What I'm wondering is if there is a good place I can buy the right support rails and any other hardware I need. Not sure if I'm going to have to call out all the individual parts or if there is a way to buy everything but the top.

Much of the hardware looks like standard hardware store bolts and such, but the specialty stuff I'm sure I'll need to order from somewhere.

Ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0590.jpg (79.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0591.jpg (67.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0589.jpg (63.7 KB, 14 views)
kpauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trying to put together top, don't have all the parts

You need a standard front hoop the box in the back is after market from 'strech plastics' you will need to get handy or order struts for that box as the originals no longer fit. good luck.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
kpauley
Gone Wild

OK, so standard front hoop.

For the box / back side you said get handy, do you mean as far as fabricating one?

I'll look for the box manufacture and see if they have something as it sounds like you said I might be able to get struts that would make it work but they may be tough to find?

Just want to make sure I get it :-)
Old 12-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would buy a front hoop. and cut and weld those rear struts to the bed...... lemme see what pics I can find to give an idea what you might have to do to make yours work... some of these welder at least one bolted up. There are lots of ways to skin this cat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3547.jpg (117.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1330.jpg (116.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3277.jpg (122.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
kpauley
Gone Wild

Ahhh, thanks, those pictures totally help for the back.

Ken
Old 12-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

3 different solutions to the same old problem.... all of them on the cargo box
Old 12-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpauley View Post

Much of the hardware looks like standard hardware store bolts and such, but the specialty stuff I'm sure I'll need to order from somewhere.

Ken
Not really all of it. Do yourself a favor and order the bolt kit from an ezgo dealer. It has all the bolts and spacers needed and its fairly cheap. (not bolts for the box)
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
kpauley
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Not really all of it. Do yourself a favor and order the bolt kit from an ezgo dealer. It has all the bolts and spacers needed and its fairly cheap. (not bolts for the box)
Yes, thanks! I did come across that kit already, I have the part number and am searching around on pricing. I agree, it's probably cheaper than me piecing it all together at the hardware store. So far I think the cheapest I found is at GroovyCarts.com. If anyone has any suggestions on other places to source, let me know.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Click on the sponsors link on top of this page, pick any one of the sponsors.
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO