lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #11
gwbrehm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Here we go again, hahahahahaha

Brew,

I recently purchased a seat of seat covers thru uptoparcovers, nice covers and prices not to bad either. Here's their web address:

http://uptoparcovers.com/
gwbrehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Thanks GW - I was *just* looking at their stuff on Ebay ... I found my old guy (he changed his username) but he's up to $180 for a full set of complete new seats so I'm going to see what I find with mine structurally and decide from there, would LOVE to spend that extra $110 elsewhere ...

The part #s for a 5" lift are 31125 and 31000 (both Monroe part numbers and a perfect fir to Marathon, although you *will* have to reuse the lower bushings on the rear shocks so do NOT throw the old ones away til the project is completed) - rockauto.com has them for right around $64 a set of 4 shipped (that's where I got mine) .... One word of caution though, they're REALLY blue so you may want to be prepared with some etching primer and some topcoat paint to match your cart (or black, for that matter) because they REALLY stick out, color-wise. And yes, all the shackles, extenders, etc get to go in the scrap/leftovers/some-other-project pile, the new ones bolt right on as if they were stock, only they're 5" longer (and a better ride too, I may add)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

OH - and the new nickname for the project is either "adopt-a-cart" or "hand-me-down-hell" hahahahaha - figured it was smarter to just swap the rims and tires from MY cart onto this one and just pop the extra $200 for something sweet and shiny for mine ... OH, and while I was poking around today I realized the cart is actually an 86 (for some reason I had 87 stuck in my mind from back when I was helping them with it) - not a HUGE deal but worth noting (it's all in the details, right?)

PLEASE - someone help me find a new facelift (cowl) for this thing before I bust out the torches and welder and do something REALLY stupid, LOL
Old 09-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

so basically pull the whole 5" lift off and bolt on the monroes?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

No, you need to keep the rear spring lift tubes in place as well as the spring riser blocks in the front - you eliminate the front shock extenders (the pieces that look like a sideways "U") as well as the extension shackles that botlt between the swingarm and your existing mini-shocks ... The concept behind the longer shocks is primarily to eliminate the weak links (the extenders) in the lift as well as give a smoother ride with less shock "dive" (believe it or not, the Monroes actually give a better ride even though they have a heavier preload IE are a "stiffer" shock)

I'm heading up to sneak in an hour or two on the new cart this AM before I start my long work weekend *sigh* - I'll try and get some decent pics to show you exactly how the setup looks once installed
Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

OK - here's a shot of the front shocks at the axle (note the hideous blue - I still haven't had a chance to pull prime and paint the fronts, LOL)

20120928_085956.jpg.jpg

And here's the rears (note that they go fully from the frame mount to swingarm, also note in both pics that the "lifts" are still there, just not the shock extender brackets/shackles)

20120928_090007.jpg.jpg

And for anyone indecisive on doing a lift/tires/widening to your cart - here's a shot of the difference between a stock Marathon and one that has been *ahem* slightly tweaked

20120928_092030.jpg.jpg
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #17
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for the pics brew! thats what i thought i had to do.i have the #'s for the monroes & gabriels.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #18
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Thanks again, GW - I pulled the trigger and ordered the covers today ... So far the list of parts, etc on their way is as follows:

5" lift kit / Monroe 31125/31000 shocks / 22x11-8 4-ply tires (4) / 42x29 powdercoated mesh cargo rack / new tuck and roll seats - covers / new seat foam / Carlisle MAX short belt / Air Cleaner / Motor Mounts / 75w Halogen headlights / driven clutch cover and button assembly / 4" (front) and 5" (rear) wheel spacers / brake shoes / ... Oh yeah, and the cart itself (which I already have, LOL)

Total out of pocket so far with the cart is just under $750 (which I figure is right on par for the project as I wanted to budget it wrapped up with the new TXT front end, diamondplate running boards and shock guard, etc at $1k or less) ... Paint color is currently under "review" with the other half as she seems to have adopted the cart already, LOL but as things unfold, the burgundy metalflake with the "woody" side panels seems to have been sidelined in favor of a turquoise and black scheme with diamondplate side "inset" panels and black rims (gotta love a Lady who has "budget-minded" tastes, hahahaha). The last "major" decision is going to have to wait until the new front end is ordered/recieved/fabbed into place - I'm contemplating having new front leafs made as the existing ones are a tad worn (or it could just be the shocks are as shot as they feel) so if that happens, I'll likely have them extended an inch or so to give me a better wheelbase (and of course, curse and scream about the messed up steering, etc until I figure THAT problem out, LOL)

Gotta love these projects - I'm starting to think I *may* be able to get her done before it gets too cold to ride up here in WI, if nothing else I'll have the suspension, running, etc all dialed in before I barn her up for the winter and REALLY tear into it :)
Old 09-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

What kind of tires did you decide to get?

and did you order from uptoparcovers? I was checking out their ebay store and the prices are fantastic. Let us know how they look when you get em.
SouthCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #20
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

You can save about $7 buying direct from their website at uptoparcovers.com versus their ebay store - I still have to talk to them on the phone tomorrow RE the tuck and roll stripes (I need them wider than the ones they show onlline so hopefully the upcharge if any will be minimal) ...

The tires on this one are Deestone 4-ply's, I got those through Greater Cleveland Tire for $41 each (again, they are cheaper on their site than Ebay and the shipping is also quite a bit lower that way) - being as this cart is likely to become the "other half's" cart, I wanted to go with a slightly less agressive tread as it will probably spend more time on the mowed yard (and the Lumberjacks on MY cart can chew things up pretty fast if You don't pay attention)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO