lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
lococummins
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV Performance thread

lets get some ideas, solutions, and guinea pigs for the lack of low end performance with the rxv carts. I would rather not replace the motor AND controller. If I have to do that, I could go a cheaper route and by and older cart to convert. Is there a way to wipe out the factory setting and reprogram an A/C controller? Is there a way to manipulate signals to increase the instant torque??? I love everything about the cart except the 0-3 mph lack of "oomph" Help us find a solution!
lococummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
trbizwiz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV Performance thread

subscribed
trbizwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Subscribed - Thanks Loco
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I have no answers, but I'm intrigued by the questions posed.

Variable Frequency Drivers and other technologies incorporated in the RXV drive system simply did not exist when I studied electric motors and while it is obvious there have been advances and breakthroughs in the design of induction motors and their control systems, I suspect there is room for improvement.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I talked with one of the EZ-Go guys yesterday, a worker, not a salesman, and we discussed why it it has that little lag and he did mention that there is a new setting on the programmers that allow to to increase the ramp up time but it didn't do much for the bottom end. I asked him could it be possibly they did this to keep it from stripping out hubs because of the low end torque and he pondered that for a second and responded, "possibly" but he wondered if they did it to reduce the strain on the electrical system from a dead stop. He just didn't know.. Thats ok, at least he gave it a shot.

I also asked one of my other local vendors the other day if they had made any progress on this and the answer was not yet but we are working on it...
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I want to lift my RXV, but dont want to affect low end torque to much. I have even considered using a 3" lift and 20" tires, but like the look of 6" lift and 22" tires. Somebody give me some opinions. Thanks.
Buggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
trbizwiz
Not Yet Wild

There was a thread about a two speed rear end with a forward facing PTO for future 4wd. I think it was around $1300. It fixes the low end torque with a low gear. The seller locked out the high gear because top speed was dangerously fast. RXV does not have brakes other than the regen brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, My 2008 RXV is running 12" wheels and 23" tires. Runs a steady high 18 or low 19 mph based on the radar speed signs located throughout my neighborhood. Pulls all the hills without a problem while moving, but is limited on climbing from a dead stop.

Talking to a number of Golf Shops this morning, including the dealer that I bought the cart from they feel my controller is most likely set on the Freedom I setting.

Have made an appointment next week to have the setting changed to Freedom II. Should see an increase in speed to as much as 24-25 mph, with no reduction in low end torque or hill climbing. We will see.

Nearly all dealers, and I talked to about 5 this morning, universally agree that at this time nothing can be done with the low end torque short of replacing equipment. They all estimate about $1500 in parts. I didn;t get an installed cost as I'm not interested in the "arm and leg" cost at this time.

I will let you guys know how the controller modification turns out.

MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would like to know what the parts are that cost $1500. I have not heard of a fix.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
trbizwiz
Not Yet Wild

here is a link to a page full of dealers for the HPEVS ac systems.
http://www.hpevs.com/dealer-page-golf-carts.htm

I called a few from CA on there, and they appear to be pretty uninformed. If anyone is bored and wants to call the rest and see if any are knoweledgable about the product adn if they would sell a controller alone, you might have a fix. I havent bought a cart yet, when I do I will probably look a little harder.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO