lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: DOT approved windshield question????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billygoat View Post
That is where I will be going, just got off the phone with them and have the paperwork being mailed out to me. I have everything done on the cart except for the windshield. Hopefully ebI have an acrylic windshield of the correct thickness, but it is not marked. I have access to a lazer etch machine and would like to etch the correct markings on the windshield just to be safe. If someone has the latest AS-5 markings on their windshield, please take a quick photo for me please. Do you know where your friend got his cart weighed?
IF your in Broward County you can go to the Dump they will do it.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I got my cart street legal last year and went to the Tampa, Fl DMV. I have a standard stock tinted 2 piece windshield and it was fine. Don't sweat all the small stuff. They basically made sure it was electric, had lights, mirrors, horn, seat belts, and etc....
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #13
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

I am in Broward county, going to go to the Margate office. The windshield I have now is a tinted fold down. I am going to try with that, if it fails I can always order a new one. It sounds like for the most part, the inspection is pretty simple and depends on where and who does it how much trouble they give you. I got hold of the Margate office today, they knew exactly what I needed for paperwork and mailed it out to me. Hopefully everything else goes smooth.
Billygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I am in Broward county, going to go to the Margate office. The windshield I have now is a tinted fold down. I am going to try with that, if it fails I can always order a new one. It sounds like for the most part, the inspection is pretty simple and depends on where and who does it how much trouble they give you. I got hold of the Margate office today, they knew exactly what I needed for paperwork and mailed it out to me. Hopefully everything else goes smooth.
Are they going to make you come in with the paperwork first before they let you set an inspection appointment? Also they will want the weight sheet withe the paperwork so it will require two trailer rentals. Some county's let you send the paperwork by mail then they call you for the inspection. Broward isn't like that
Old 05-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #15
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop View Post
Are they going to make you come in with the paperwork first before they let you set an inspection appointment? Also they will want the weight sheet withe the paperwork so it will require two trailer rentals. Some county's let you send the paperwork by mail then they call you for the inspection. Broward isn't like that
I am not sure, figured I would get the paperwork, fill it out, make sure I have everything in order and then call back and ask what the next step is. Fortunately I have access to a couple trailers at work so that is not a problem. Want to make sure I get the weight done correctly, you suggested the dump, which one were you talking about? Shouldn't I go to a state scale somewhere that can give me some "official" paperwork?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #16
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I am not sure, figured I would get the paperwork, fill it out, make sure I have everything in order and then call back and ask what the next step is. Fortunately I have access to a couple trailers at work so that is not a problem. Want to make sure I get the weight done correctly, you suggested the dump, which one were you talking about? Shouldn't I go to a state scale somewhere that can give me some "official" paperwork?
I am at the same spot as you, a guy that did it told me that the dump off US 27 in pines will weigh it and give you a sheet. Also I was told that the truck stop called 595 Truck Stop in Davie just off 595 and SR 7 has scales too. I was going to check the truck stop out, I know the dump has them.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #17
Bert18
Getting Wild

Club Car

We all live close. We should hit them all up at the same time. Gov workers might just push us all through.
Bert18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #18
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop View Post
I am at the same spot as you, a guy that did it told me that the dump off US 27 in pines will weigh it and give you a sheet. Also I was told that the truck stop called 595 Truck Stop in Davie just off 595 and SR 7 has scales too. I was going to check the truck stop out, I know the dump has them.
Please let me know what you find out, the truck stop sounds like a good plan, I know where that is.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #19
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert18 View Post
We all live close. We should hit them all up at the same time. Gov workers might just push us all through.
I am shooting for late next week if all goes to plan.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #20
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert18 View Post
I am waiting on two seatbelts should be he this week
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car