lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
aaleo0711
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 08 exgo rxv wont run

Have an 08 ezgo rxv that wont run. When i turn the key on the solenoid clicks and the cart jumps foward a few inches then nothing. Press the pedal and it doesnt move. Any ideas or help would be awesome. Thanks.
aaleo0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 exgo rxv wont run

Do you get any beeps or anything? Could be a couple of things. I would disconnect the battery for a few minutes then check again. Also check to make sure the pedals are fully elevated. Could also be a brake issue or the solenoid. RXV's have a lot of sensors so sadly little harder to troubleshoot. Do you hear the normal audible clicks when you turn the key on?
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine doesn't move when I turn it on. The motor is supposed to check that the parking brake is working. If yours jumps forward, may be a bad brake. Did you have brake issues last time it ran? Can you push it easily with the key off?
suffolklou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolklou View Post
Mine doesn't move when I turn it on. The motor is supposed to check that the parking brake is working. If yours jumps forward, may be a bad brake. Did you have brake issues last time it ran? Can you push it easily with the key off?
I agree, if it jumps forward, it is failing the "twist test" and will need a new brake. Remove the rear access cover with 2 T27 torx screws. Then remove the brake from the end of the motor facing the driver side 3x 10mm bolts. The disk is gonna be shattered, or badly burnt (its gonna stink). Or you can do like another dude on here and just throw it in the bagwell & question why it dont work right.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it is an 08 it may have the handle on the brake. Gently push it down if you can and see if the cart will move.. I think almost pointing straight forward is correct ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #6
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Hi..
Rxv Tech here..

If rxv Jumps forward then will not work, Suspect Parking/Emergency brake.
easy quick test--- 1) leave cart in RUN 2) turn key to off or remove key
3) push cart

if cart moves -- replace parking/emergency brake (Electric brake on motor)
If you replace brake- do not over torque --- causes failures.
Good luck
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO