lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
technician#2
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Does anyone have an electrical schematic for a TXT?

Howdy guys and gals,
I'm new here and have had a 2000 model EZ GO TXT sitting around for several months. I bought this from a good friend who buys state auction lots, and got it in one of them. It has the starter/generator missing, and also the coil. They just yanked the wiring apart when the parts were removed, and I'm not 100% where / how everything goes back together. The engine seems to be ok, It's just the wiring that has me baffeled. I looked at the pdf files for the TXTs, but I could not find a wiring schematic anywhere.
On a side note I must admit this site is quite addictive!!
What started out as another ride to fix up for me and the grandchildren to run around in has now become an obsession to "get r dun".
thanx in advance.
technician#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Does anyone have an electrical schematic for a TXT?

Hi technician#2, did you look in the Technician's repair and service manual for them?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum technician#2....................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:39 AM   #4
technician#2
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanx rusty!
and ruredy...that was the first thing I did was to download the pdf (Technician's repair and service manual), and I did a search from within the document for the word "schematic" with negative results. So I searched manually, and found everything but a wiring schematic. There is another post for a marathon electrical wiring schematic and it's in 3 pdf's. This is similar to what I need, but it says it is not for a TXT. However, it pointed me in a close enough direction, I think I can figure it out if the right one can't be found.
thanx guy's... I just love this forum. I collect old farm tractors and such, and restore them for a hobby, but I think I am going to change over to carts. after viewing the videos of some of the enthusiasts, I like this a whole lot more! more excitement, kinda like back when we all rode trail bikes and cut down VW dune buggies.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

Tech., I know it's in one of the manuals. they even have very detailed drawings of where/how the wires run to all parts of the cart in the TXT Service Parts Manuals.
Anyway.... good luck with your cart.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #6
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Tech2,

The engine wiring schematic is on page 120 of the service manual pdf.. The light & accessory wiring diagram is on page 129..

Hope this helps..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
technician#2
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
Tech2,

The engine wiring schematic is on page 120 of the service manual pdf.. The light & accessory wiring diagram is on page 129..

Hope this helps..

thanx!! (this makes me feel like a total dumb $h!**!!
I have no idea how I could have missed this. Guess I was in too big of a hurry to "get r dun", or maybe I can blame it on senilaty. NE-way, YES it will help a lot. I must have looked at all of the manuals and stuff a dozen times over, just got in too big of a hurry. This clears up a lot of stuff.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO