lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: front leaf springs

Maybe you could use a leaf spring off of one of your Humvees or Vipers?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #22
humvandvipers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

True but i am going back to school Sunday and this thing will not get used until May. So after spending 2 weeks trying to get it going I just wanted to ride it one day before I went back to school.
humvandvipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #23
WW
Republica De Norte Cuba

Yamaha

What Jr. High School do you go to?
WW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #24
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

any marathon spring thats a 2 stroke(2 strokes front leaves were longer than the later 4 strokes)An electric spring would work if its the same length.Contact carts parts plus they got some cheap ezgo parts,replace the switch right it cost around $15 or less.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #25
humvandvipers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea I have got it all worked out. I did away with the back up alarm though. I have been driving it around today. I think I fried another solenoid because my motor is so weak that when i try to go up a hill is starts pulling with me starter. I go to a private college just to answer WW question. I think a motor rebuild going to one of the first things on my list. I will check the compression later tonight and i will put it on here but my guess it is low. I still would like to know if anybody knows the stock carb settings for it as well to make sure I am tuned correctly. What is the fuel to oil mixture suppose to be? I am running 50;1 , but i still have the oil connected so i think because it is mixing it as well it is to much oil and am losing power, but there is no smoke trail behind me and i thought there would be with mixed gas and the oil still being pumped into the gas.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #26
humvandvipers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

108 on compression
Old 01-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #27
shawn.m
Gone Wild

what does your spark plug look like? if you are running 50:1 and the stock injection then you should have a ton of blue smoke out of the tail pipe
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #28
shawn.m
Gone Wild

also if your 2 stroke cart is like mine their is no adjustment of the carb. You can adjust by changing jets.
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #29
humvandvipers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

the carb was a little fouled up but i took a wire brush to it and took it for a run. The plug had some blow by where it had backed its way off. Must have forgotten to tighten it back down after changing plugs. Anyway it is night time now and it seems to run a little better but I could not see any smoke when i started it in the shop
Old 01-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #30
humvandvipers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok so running the car about a total of an hour killed the solenoid and also the coil. Everything is wired up correctly. I think that it just does not have enough power and the electronics are running or and hotter than were designed for. These were also upgraded parts from the dirt track car so way better than stock parts. Can you hone the cylinder at all without having a complete tear down of the engine? Also can you hone while in the cart or will i need to pull the motor? I know to get the entire cylinder i need to pull the whole thing and do a complete rebuild, but i was curious if it was at bottom dead center if there was enough cylinder to hone to do anygood or not? THanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO