lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default What is this worth?

06 ez go st sport dump bed and canopy are new says it has 3 hrs on it. It is listed for 5,250 but I talked to the salesman and he would take 4,000.
doolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: What is this worth?

3 hours on an 06?? Look real close Doolin. I would show him cash if no warantee is involved and beat him down a little more. I know this will make Mike mad but it is so seldom that we can get a good deal gotta do it when we can.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

I was waiting for mike to jump on this one. I'm sure he will be along soon. It is at a farm store. They said an 80 yr old farmer bought it new from them and about crashed it into a barn so he got rid of it. Birkys.com Hudson location page 2 of the farm equip section. When I seen it in person a few weeks ago it had rear seat. But not now.?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Seat gone cash in pocket
Old 02-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I really don't care what price it sells for! I will tell you this though - If a dealership has a vehicle marked for $5,400.00, but settles on $4,000.00 - what does that tell you about the dealership and their pricing?

Sounds like you are describing two different models?

I guarantee if someone comes into my shop and starts the "bargain" game, I tell them "Thank you" for stopping by and that they may need to continue their searching / shopping elsewhere. Our prices are fair and firm...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

And thats how it should be, I was a developer builder for 32 years and after 6 years told all my staff the price was fixed no haggle no deals and from that day on when I built a house for someone I was treated like a pal and the homebuyer was much easier to please no haggle no animosidy, but the used vehicle industry has gotten such a bad rap a fair dealer has a hard time standing out, even the some of the so called no haggle dealers twist the pricing around. I'm done
Old 02-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Dropping the advertised price by $1,400.00 says it all. I also get a kick out of dealers that sell used electric carts and offer a 1 to 2 year warranty! Believe me, if you can afford to offer that, you're pre-loading some CASH cost into the cart...

You feel better now? You got me on my soapbox again - LOL

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #8
MIKEPEER
Gone Wild

shady dealer if you ask me, i'd say that's a pretty good markup.....i wish i could get one like that on the snowplows i sell.....
MIKEPEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #9
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

I can't figure it out either. The company I work for buys alot of equipment from them(skid loaders and high hoes) and it has been sitting there since last spring. IDK. The model I told you guys is what is in their description. I am not familiar with the Ez Go brand.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
ruredy
Born Wild

I doubt you'll get an 06 ST (with 3hrs on it) any cheaper. sounds like a good deal to me. If this place is like Tractor supply you can hardly call them an ezgo dealership. I believe TS quit caring the ezgo line and is/was selling off the carts at a discount. most of these companies have sales and discounts from time to time and on used/returned equipment, they can offer huge discounts. They just write it off, standard accounting practice.
If Mike can sell carts with his firm but fair attitude them more power to him. I'd be going on down the road to get that better deal. I don't mind a dealer making money but I don't think they should make all their money off me.
For example, I can go to Lowes and get them to knock off 10% off of any big ticket item just by paying cash. If some place doesn't want to cut me a break on a price and I want what they have, I'll pay with a credit card and let them pay master card that percentage fee. screw the firm but fair attitude, that only seems to be fair to who's selling.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO