lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Suggestions on mods to learn from your experience

A short belt cost 26-28.00. Try that 1st. If you like it, you saved 2-300.00 for a clutch. If you still want the clutch, then you can try both belts on it!! If your'e like me youll probably try it all anyway.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #12
chris sanders
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Suggestions on mods to learn from your experience

I put the polaris belt on it after I lifted it and it did help alot, but it still just doesn't have the bottom end that it had before the bigger tires. It sound like the 28 is the way to go. Have any of you all tried both meaning the short belt and then the clutch with the ribbed belt? I guess my question is, is the 28 clutch enough difference to justify. I was going to give Radical GC a call but got in to late from work. Sounds like I diffently need to order the HD springs and on the link he gave me it shows the clutch for I think 180.00 and I know the belt is more but is that all I need to order to do the 28 degree? If I can find my wifes camara I will go get a couple of shots. Like I said nothing fancy though!
chris sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #13
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Its all right the # is a cell, so anytime is OK! Within reason I'm not a doctor!!!
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #14
chris sanders
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...mma/glf006.jpg
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...mma/glf005.jpg
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...mma/glf004.jpg
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...mma/glf007.jpg

Here is some pictures. I think this is the right way to do this if it isn't let me know. Hey Radical GC I try to make my mind up on the clutch and order th HD springs.
The picture of the seat has the seat belt from an old car seat for the little girl
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...ca110987_6.jpg
chris sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #15
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I like that seat belt setup!! Keep em safe.... $180.00 is a good price, they are more than that wholesale now.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #16
baja-boatn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I know a much cheaper way to modify the cluth yourself. You have to take it apart, and convert it to a 28 degree yourself, the parts cost about $80. and take out the shim, and throw it away. that will make the belt ride fiurther out on the pully giving you a lower take off gear. Even if you just take that shimm out, and not make it a 28deg, that will help alot. Be careful takeing the clutch apart, parts will come at cha. you cn use an oil filter wrench to put it back together, its a good thing to have a friend help hold it. there are other mods that also help. let me know if you want any more info, I hope this doesnt upset any sponsors...
baja-boatn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #17
zarak
Not Yet Wild

Chris,
This might sound dumb, but think about upgrading the engine. There is no replacement for displacement. It is more expensive, but at the end of the day you get what you're looking for, instead of trying to get to 11HP by spending $500 (clutch, headers, other mods) on several mods and not getting the result you're looking for... I had the same situation you had: raised the cart, added new wheels, and lost bottom end power. I did some research, and concluded that it was better to upgrade the engine. Tom was great help too. Obviously, this depends on every person's circumstances, money constraints, etc.

Please, no flames. This is just my two cents worth.
zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO