lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2019, 04:06 PM   #11
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Default Re: Going to check out this one tomorrow, any tips?

Ok, I got it home, only issue I’m seeing right now after checking it out is with the charger.

I have a dpi 48volt Charger and I’ve plugged it into every outlet possible, and the charger LEDs are all blinking.

All 5 repeatedly. No code, no anything, even when the AC power is plugged in the power ON led won’t turn on, is that a dead charger? Or what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2019, 06:07 PM   #12
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Have you checked the pack voltage with a meter? It may not be high enough for the charger to start.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Yes, check pack voltage.

Nice looking cart!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:10 PM   #14
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Default Going to check out this one tomorrow, any tips?

Pack voltage? Not sure what that is, can someone explain?

*just read up on it, seems it has to do with my batteries, but if 3 are new, and I’ve been driving the car around, wouldn’t that mean voltage is fine.

(Sorry for the newb question, just started with golf carts and tinkering with them.)

we had a volt meter and we saw that it was getting power, but then the relay wasn’t transferring power, so I ordered a replacement part and will swap it out when it gets here

Will attach photos in a second

So that wire was not sending power, and I had to unplug it and just leave it connected to these wires and boom it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2019, 05:43 AM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You got the early DPI, with a relay, that one was "specked" for Yamaha, it's unique & a keeper. I bet one of the 4 modes is 36v. I think you have a unique charger (not necessarily a bad way either). Although it is one that doesn't do "float mode". Either way, your lucky you got the better factory charger. Not the lame Jw2 Moric charger. It has 3 different 48v modes, and a 36v mode. I can help you with info on that one (DPI can too). I like that charger. I have one myself. It's a oddball amongst DPI chargers. One of the few chargers that offer 36 & 48v modes in one box. Most people don't know, but YDREs were initially offered with 3 different chargers, the DPI, the MAC, and the lame little Moric charger. The MAC was good. The DPI was good. The Moric was lame.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:02 AM   #16
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Pack voltage is the total voltage of all the batteries. A fully charged 48v pack should be around 50.9v 12 hours after charger shuts off with no use of the cart. Battery chargers have to sense a minimum voltage in order for them to start charging. Not sure what your charger requires but DPI can tell you. Here is a state of charge chart to help you determine how your pack is doing.

SoC vs Voltage.jpg
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:26 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Here's the relay you need, with DPI part number.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191018_102521061.jpg (56.0 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:12 AM   #18
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Here's the relay you need, with DPI part number.
thanks just placed the order last week, seems like it will be here at the end of the week.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha