lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2020, 08:24 AM   #1
drcharlie
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha Controller Backorder/Aftermarket Solution?

Hi everyone. Newbie to the board-appreciate your patience and thanks in advance for your insights. I have 2011 Yamaha Concierge 4 48v with the 19MPH speed upgrade. I'm told the motor is a Drive 17/E2, Hitachi 3.5 HP. I need a new controller (JW2-H6510-21-0), but they are on backorder until at least May and I've already been waiting for 2 months. Would an AllTrax controller be an appropriate aftermarket solution rather than waiting for Yamaha? I'm getting different guidance from folks on which model will fit my cart and allow for the 19MPH speed upgrade. Will these controllers match the mounting holes? Will I need a harness conversion? Do I need anything additional to program the AllTrax for the speed upgrade? Thank you!
drcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2020, 11:31 AM   #2
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Controller Backorder/Aftermarket Solution?

Do some research here. https://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:41 PM   #3
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've done three lithium upgrades on 2012 YDRE's, two of them 3 yrs ago, one 2 yrs ago. The concierge is same cart with rear seat and fancy name. Those I did were 2 seat golf use only. All of them are using Alltrax XCT400. Two of them still have the original junk Hitachi motor. With lead acid batteries, it is well known that the stock motors don't last long with Alltrax upgrades. I have had no issues with those two with the old stock motor. I am sure that is due to dropping 300# with lithium batteries. My recommendation is to get the Alltrax and a new motor from Scotty at Cart's Unlimited or David at Revolution Golf Cars. You won't be disappointed. Replacing stock Moric controller with a new one is a waste of $$ and it will still need PVT speed code to get gto 19.6. Money will be better spent staying away from stock stuff. No wiring changes. Plug & play. With new motor and Alltrax, probably 24mph with good batteries.
That's my 2 cents worth.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:35 PM   #4
plowman
Getting Wild

i have every thing in stock. 8107361100
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #5
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Call Don Plowman at Plowman's Carts. He's the master at upgrading Yamaha's
810-736-1100
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:29 AM   #6
CobraEatr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcharlie View Post
Hi everyone. Newbie to the board-appreciate your patience and thanks in advance for your insights. I have 2011 Yamaha Concierge 4 48v with the 19MPH speed upgrade. I'm told the motor is a Drive 17/E2, Hitachi 3.5 HP. I need a new controller (JW2-H6510-21-0), but they are on backorder until at least May and I've already been waiting for 2 months. Would an AllTrax controller be an appropriate aftermarket solution rather than waiting for Yamaha? I'm getting different guidance from folks on which model will fit my cart and allow for the 19MPH speed upgrade. Will these controllers match the mounting holes? Will I need a harness conversion? Do I need anything additional to program the AllTrax for the speed upgrade? Thank you!
I have the exact same cart. I bought a XCT500 with the fan kit and 400 solenoid from Scottyb at cartsunlimited.com. Total was $613. Scottyb has step by step installation instructions that he posted to this site a few years ago. I think it took me 2 or 3 hours to complete the job, and I worked very slowly and took my time. Pretty easy project.
CobraEatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha