lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2020, 02:09 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: More Help Please

Since you are "parts swapping", I think you are at the point of "take one SINGLE part off the non-running" cart & put it on the "running cart" & see if the running cart still works. Boom, that part is viable. Until none left. Seems you want to do test/time, this might be ok for you, and no cost to try. Key switch, throttle stop, throttle position sensor, tow/run are your main focus. Last time I checked, a whole new wire harness was less than $150. The factory tools I use snitch out those problems instantly, but good luck getting a Z-1 test box (it's an awesome "inline tool" with indicators of "what's working & what's dead" that every manufacturer should make/have). Some engineer at yamaha deserves a pat on the back for that idea. If I dont already know what's wrong, obvious voltage drops & such, that tool tells me in only a few minutes. (Sorry, "if I dont already know what's wrong" doesnt work as good over the internet). Good luck finding one on the internet, I've never seen any trace of it there. As a yamaha tech, it's a magical unicorn I'd hate to be without. (Turns hours of work into seconds).

But, honestly at this point, I think you might have harness problems. (One flaw of the G22e is that its wire harness runs below the batteries, where corrosion happens like a party). But at least a new harness has been cheap to deal with & easy to replace.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2020, 06:52 AM   #12
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

cgtech, Can't thank you enough for your help on this. You definitely have the background on these carts and their issues. I love your suggestion about the parts swap. I have been swapping parts from the good cart to the bad to see if that fixes it. Makes more sense to do it the other way from bad cart to good cart. That way I know the part is good. Duh, sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. One more question please, I have looked around on-line and have not seen where I can get a harness for this cart (if I determine I need one). Can you or anyone else point me in the right direction on where I might find one. Or what the part number might be. Any site sponsors? thanks again.
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:11 PM   #13
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok, spent several hours this morning swapping parts again. This time from non-running cart to running cart. One at a time, I swapped out the F/R, Key Switch, Run/Tow Switch, Throttle Position, Throttle Stop, and Solenoid. All tested good on the running cart. Kind of narrows it down to CGTECH's on-line spot on diagnosis of a problem somewhere in the harness.

Is there anything else I can switch out or test? Does anyone have a suggestion of where to purchase a wiring harness. I did call one place in PA that was referred to me by a local shop. They said there were 3 harnesses for this cart. Based on my Moric controller, they said they have one in stock. $252.13. Looking for other possible suppliers/vendors and also if anyone has the part number available that might help my search. Basic on-line search doesn't get me much. Cart is 2006 G22 ED 48v. Basic cart, no lights or anything extra. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

JU2-H2590-20-00 (with hitachi motor) MSRP $216.99 , more than 10 available.
JU2-H2590-10-00 (with ADC motor) MSRP $204.99 , more than 10 available.

Call Don Plowman, he's a site sponsor & a yamaha factory dealer.
Www.plowmanscarts.com
Old 03-13-2020, 01:08 PM   #15
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

If you have the time and a wiring schematic, you could also try running continuity tests on everything and see where it is dropping out at. Might be easier than swapping the whole harness.
I use a Power-Probe to do this.
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:21 PM   #16
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thank you again. I will play with the harness some to see if I can find any issues. I did previously visit Plowman's web-site and didn't see anything. I will give him a call to see what he can do. Having the part number really helps.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:39 PM   #17
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

I do have the wiring diagram. Forgive my ignorance but I am not familiar with the power probe. I assume you attach one end to the connector for the item your checking and then also to the corresponding pin on the controller plug. I assume it sends power through the wire and you determine if there is a break/problem by the reading/result. I obviously don't own one at this time but am not opposed to adding tools that I will use down the road. I did some quick checking and there are different manufacturers out there with varying price ranges. I don't necessarily need the top model as this would see limited use but would want an acceptable one. One problem I found when doing some diagnostics and checking some continuity with my DVM was trying to make sure I was getting good contact with the pins and connectors. They are small and the probes didn't want to fit in well. Needed a third hand.

One other question, looking back at the cart I see there is a magnet? or speed sensor or something on the end of the motor. Has a plug in connector and looks removable. I did not swap this between the carts. Should I do so with this piece as well to check it or is it a non issue?
Old 03-14-2020, 01:18 AM   #18
cgtech

Yamaha

Yep, I got one, it's great for solenoids, lights, fuel pumps, circuit checks. Doesnt do squat on the more "tricky" ones, like ezgo ITS, 0-5v throttle (its resolution is too low). There are several things I love the "power probe" for, but, testing accurate sensors isnt in its "bag of tricks".

Guess mine is too old, or something. I dont know how we survived without power tools. Chipping rocks into shapes without diamond dremel bits & stuff.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:15 PM   #19
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

You are right CG about the throttle ... have to use the multi-meter for that.
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha