lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2020, 11:59 AM   #1
Carlharr
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 g22 Yamaha

I have a 48 V 2003 Yamaha electric golf cart. I replaced all the switches checked the battery pack, replace the solenoid, and it still will not go. I have 50.1 V coming to my solenoid. But once I connect it to the solenoid it drops to about 1 and jumps to 4 V. Can anyone explain this to me on why this would happen.
Carlharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2020, 01:56 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2003 g22 Yamaha

Controller likely failed. It's what controls the solenoid.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:10 PM   #3
Carlharr
Not Yet Wild

How do you test the controller? Want to make sure it is bad. They are expensive.
Carlharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:20 PM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlharr View Post
How do you test the controller? Want to make sure it is bad. They are expensive.
I am guessing the easiest way would be take it to a yamaha dealer who has the diagnostic tool to plug in and check the controller.

At this point, based on what your wrote in the other thread, it has to be either controller or one of the inputs to controller. When the controller senses the correct input(voltage) from key switch, pedal switch, etc., it closes an internal switch and completes the circuit from solenoid back to battery negative which energizes the coil in and activates the solenoid.

If you had a way to verify that the controller was getting correct input (voltage) from key switch, pedal switch, etc, you could rule out the switches and then know it was controller.

I could tell you how to check those input voltages on an EZGO, but not sure about a yamaha. Hopefully someone else can help you there and we can both learn.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha