lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #1
rflagler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2016 Yamaha Drive AC Fleet Speed Limit?

I'm purchasing a used 2016 Yamaha Drive AC fleet cart and I can't seem to find out if it is unlocked for 19.5mph or restricted to 14.5. Everything I find says that for the DC motor you need the "PTV Mode" unlocked to get 19.5mph but I can't find if that same thing is necessary for the AC.

Can anyone chime in? If it does require "PTV Mode", does the dealer charge for that? What's a fair price and is it something that can be done by any shop or individual?

TIA!
rflagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
rflagler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2016 Yamaha Drive AC Fleet Speed Limit?

For anyone else looking for this information I found that the AC fleet models are speed limited just the same as the DC. They also require the purchase of "PTV Mode" to unlock them to 19.5mph and has to be done by a dealer. The dealer I spoke with told me it was a $250 cost for them to do it (the cart already has head/tail lights). If anyone knows whether that price is the going rate or not I'd be interested in knowing.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:24 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I've never done it on AC models (all ours are already PTV), but it's high price if it were a DC model.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:22 PM   #4
rflagler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I've never done it on AC models (all ours are already PTV), but it's high price if it were a DC model.
They charged the same $250 whether the car was AC or DC. Do you know what a fair price is for DC models?
Old 04-22-2020, 12:54 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

I charge $150, for ordering the Speed code from yamana (costs me money), and installing it. Then install takes about a minute.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:33 PM   #6
rflagler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I charge $150, for ordering the Speed code from yamana (costs me money), and installing it. Then install takes about a minute.
Thank you! Is this something you can do if someone mails you their controller? The only dealer anywhere close to me is the one that charges $250. Just figuring out what my long term options are.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:08 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

I cant do AC yamaha controllers out of the cart. And like I said, I have never done PTV speed code on yamaha ac controller, because all ours come with speed already enabled. Even doing a DC controller by mail on the bench is dicey, because the controller serial number must be "married to" the cart serial number in yamahas computers for ordering a speed code to be successful. (You would be surprised how many old fleet cars have had controllers swapped around & the numbers dont match in yamahas system, yes they are that picky about allowing me to order the code from them).
Old 04-25-2020, 08:17 PM   #8
mcannon321
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I went ahead and bit the bullet on the Navitas TAC 2 controller with on-the-fly control for speed, accel, and regen, and the bluetooth app with all the diagnostics. 780 bills. I avoided lifting the cart and put a set of 205 65 10's on it to keep it smooth and fast on the street. I am hitting 24 mph. Worth it if you can release the cash.......
mcannon321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:24 PM   #9
rflagler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I did see those too. Someone online noted with the dealer app for the Tac 2 you can unlock the speed even further? They were hitting 30mph with a DC drive I believe. He had slightly larger wheels/tires. Not sure I'd need to go that fast though. Haha
Old 05-28-2021, 05:27 PM   #10
Cboy7
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflagler View Post
I'm purchasing a used 2016 Yamaha Drive AC fleet cart and I can't seem to find out if it is unlocked for 19.5mph or restricted to 14.5. Everything I find says that for the DC motor you need the "PTV Mode" unlocked to get 19.5mph but I can't find if that same thing is necessary for the AC.

Can anyone chime in? If it does require "PTV Mode", does the dealer charge for that? What's a fair price and is it something that can be done by any shop or individual?

TIA!
I just bought the same thing and its super fast, love the motor, but I'm sure there has to be a way to get it to 30mph or even 25. did you add bigger tires or anything?
or upgrade the codes? mine is unlocked to go 20mph but the motor feels torquey enough to go way faster
Cboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha