lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
Cindylynn
Getting Wild

Default 1980s Gas EZGO ignition wireing

I have a 1980s (typical EZGO) cart. It has a two wire ignition system. When I bought it, the ignition was totally unhooked and the wires that go to it where removed.

What I need to know is what to hook the ignition up too. I've taken apart the Foward-Reverse lever and discovered something that looks like it should connect to the ignition, I've also found the reverse alarm (BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP). If anyone has a cart like this and can take a few pictures of exactly where the wires are suppost to go from the ignition, that'd be really helpful, or of course if they could just tell me or show me a diagram.
Cindylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 1980s Gas EZGO ignition wireing

There are a few 2 stroke wiring diagrams in this thread, (scroll down)
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
No sure what year cart you have but the only small wires off the F/R switch (that I can tell) are for the reverse buzzer and possible one that runs to the voltage regulator.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
Cindylynn
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
There are a few 2 stroke wiring diagrams in this thread, (scroll down)
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
No sure what year cart you have but the only small wires off the F/R switch (that I can tell) are for the reverse buzzer and possible one that runs to the voltage regulator.
This should be useful, thank you. I looked into that topic, and used the forum's search function (I was overwhelmed with results that where useless) and only untill now did I see the posts below the first post in that topic.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Is that darn search button broked again?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

We will have a planned site outage tomorrow while we remove all useless info from the search function.

Calm and nice as I press the ban button..........calm and nice.........happy place.............

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
Cindylynn
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Is that darn search button broked again?
I diden't say it was broken or not working, all I said was that I did attempt to search before posting a "LULZ HALP ME WITH MAH CART STUFFZ" thread.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #7
ruredy
Born Wild

Cindy, I can't find your "LULZ HALP ME WITH MAH CART STUFFZ" thread, did you mistakenly post it in the electric section?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #8
Cindylynn
Getting Wild

It's only common sense for someone to search the forums for information about there problem before posting a new topic about it. If I had searched more and put more effort into it, I may have found the "Need a Ezgo manual, diagram, or ID help?" link myself.

Also the diagrams there do help me, but they do not tell me where the wires from the key switch go, from what I can tell. What I have is a two "pronged" key terminal. From what I can tell it's pretty much as simple as a light switch, you turn the key and current goes though, but I have no idea what wires to connect there (there arn't any loose ones -- besides the one that goes to the foward reverse alarm...).
Old 05-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #9
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindylynn View Post
Also the diagrams there do help me, but they do not tell me where the wires from the key switch go, from what I can tell. What I have is a two "pronged" key terminal. From what I can tell it's pretty much as simple as a light switch, you turn the key and current goes though, but I have no idea what wires to connect there (there arn't any loose ones).
perhaps it activates a soleniod which in turn sends power to the rest of the system when turned on.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
Cindylynn
Getting Wild

Hmm. We're already getting a 12v lead from the battery to one of the prongs on the 4 prong solenoid... there's also a black wire under that's 12v lead.

I think that the key switch may send power to the ignition system, and in turn THAT activates the solenoid and that powers everything (ignition, spark, starter.)

On one of the (small) prongs (in the front) on the solenoid there is a orange wire with a red stripe that goes to the ignition coil (obviously power to the coil and spark plugs), and on the other (small) prong (in the front) of the solenoid is a small black cable... I thought it was a ground, it could be to the key switch... you could be right, good idea.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO