lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #11
sickcraft
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Engine Replacement ??

Is there something special about the 2 cycle muffler or could you try another one from something else?

I now understand the muffler BBQ, so we could try to bake out the deposits.

Would any solvents help clean it out or would we be producing EZ-Go flambe? I just want to know if we should preface it with "hey gang watch this!"
sickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #12
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickcraft View Post
Is there something special about the 2 cycle muffler or could you try another one from something else?

I now understand the muffler BBQ, so we could try to bake out the deposits.

Would any solvents help clean it out or would we be producing EZ-Go flambe? I just want to know if we should preface it with "hey gang watch this!"
I've never done the BBQ technique so I don't know how well it would work. If your muffler is structurally sound, no rusted through holes, dents etc. you could have it cleaned at engine rebuilding shop that has a caustic tank. That will clean out all of the deposits.

2-cycle mufflers are "expansion chambers". The size and shape determine the "tune" of the power band the engine has. I would stick with the original if the engine is stock.

And don't forget to have your buddy hold your beer!
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #13
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ-GOnewild View Post
I've never done the BBQ technique so I don't know how well it would work. If your muffler is structurally sound, no rusted through holes, dents etc. you could have it cleaned at engine rebuilding shop that has a caustic tank. That will clean out all of the deposits.

2-cycle mufflers are "expansion chambers". The size and shape determine the "tune" of the power band the engine has. I would stick with the original if the engine is stock.

And don't forget to have your buddy hold your beer!
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
sickcraft
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Buddy hold my beer? I DON'T THINK SO! It's my beer! Besides, I didn't think you were allowed on a golf cart without a beer?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #15
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

the BBQ does work good, but you will need to let burn good and hot! i take a 20lb bag of charcoal and pour 1/2 on the ground, lay in the muffler then lay the rest of the bag on top and light her up.
when its cooled off you will need to tap it with a hammer and shake out the crap, a shot of air helps.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #16
bigoldjimbo
Not Yet Wild

yeah..but how does it leave the pit that you just burned in? I'm thinking of doing it up at the campground this weekend, but not if it is going to emit black smoke for the rest of the season...
bigoldjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #17
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoldjimbo View Post
yeah..but how does it leave the pit that you just burned in? I'm thinking of doing it up at the campground this weekend, but not if it is going to emit black smoke for the rest of the season...
it's fine, you won't know that you did it. they don't even smoke bad when there burn'in, just make sure that you lay it flat with some support under it,
Old 05-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #18
sickcraft
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

By support, do you mean the charcoal or something else? Will the ash get in and clog anything?

Have you ever noticed on the older EZ-go's how a cooler fits perfectly in the bag holder area?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #19
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickcraft View Post
By support, do you mean the charcoal or something else? Will the ash get in and clog anything?

Have you ever noticed on the older EZ-go's how a cooler fits perfectly in the bag holder area?
yea, just make sure the coals are flat and set it right on the charcoal, no ash worrys and you can add wood to the top if you need more heat. it won't hurt it to get it good and red
gotta love the bagwell
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO