lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #11
jigwelder
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yet Another G9 build!

Some more:
Shot from the rear:

A-arm mounts tacked and allignment plates removed..shot for 4degrees of caster.

Mock up of 16hp Clone:

More to come......
jigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #12
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

lookin good!
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #13
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Yep, you do some nice work! Keep the pics coming
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
Happy_Camper
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Very Nice work!!.... Kinda was the ideas I was tossing around using a quad front end or building the arms with a thought of using a hiem joints but don't want to over think it, it's not hitting the race track...lol, the caster and camber I thought just copy what was stock but there is where I'm abit unsure..
Happy_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #15
jigwelder
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Like I said if I had to do it again I would build my own a-arms and spindles. Easiest is to make a jig and build all 4 control arms the same. Heim joints are great and allow for lots of adjustment but wear out very fast. If you can get a deal on some greasable ones that would be the ticket. Otherwise I would try and use some kind of poly bushings with a steel sleeve. Caster is probably the most important angle because it helps the buggie track straight down the road. For offroad having lots of positive caster helps the tires bite into the turn.

Bought my 16hp Duromax Clone engine from Overstock.com. Well it arrived with a break in the case around where the electric starter would mount if it was electric start. This didn't extend into the crank case and does not affect the engine in any way. Well to make a long story short I contacted Overstock and told them about the shipping damage. They told me they were sending out a new engine and to hold on to the old package and engine for 10 days in case the shipping company wanted to look at it. After that 10 days they said i could dispose of the item. What this basically means is I got a free 16 hp engine.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:56 AM   #16
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Great project! And score on the 2nd engine!
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #17
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

wow nice!
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Great project! Nice subframe you have there now. Check out my thread here about clone engines I posted photos of my engine mount and all. Some of it is not finished that well but you will get the idea where the problems are.

That is funny I cut my spindles off there and welded them back on at an angle. I lifted the cart but kept the old arm mounts just moved them forward. Would be nice to swap to a dual arm front some day.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #19
jigwelder
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Here is a little video I shot of my 3link setup and airshocks. Just click on the image.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:34 AM   #20
jigwelder
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Took some more pictures of the 3 link setup. Had to put a bend in the two side bars to clear the frame at full droop. These will get 1/8" gussets on the inside and outside of the bend.

The Heim Joints or rod ends I am using are 5/8-18 left hand and right hand thread on each of the 2 connection rods. The main swing-arm support Heim is a 3/4" female mounted to a 3/8 thick piece of angle iron. To build the two connection rods I turned down a 1/4" of some full size nuts so they would fit snuggly inside of the tubing but still have some external Hex showing to get a wrench on. These have full size nuts as jam nuts on each end. At this point everything is just tacked now. Most of this project will just be mig welded. The connection rods and rod mounting will be tig welded. If you have any Ideas or think I'm missing something please let me know. Thank you!

Bends for frame clearance at full droop! I wanted to keep these straight for strength and ease of adjustment but it is what it is.

Tags
3 link, atv front, briggs, clone, g9 yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha