lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #21
jigwelder
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yet Another G9 build!

more pics added
jigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #22
jigwelder
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Started working on the golf cart again. Got the end of the crankshaft cut off and the clutch installed.

Added gussets to the bars for the 3 link and started to fab up the front shock mounts. Unfortunately I only had Stainless tubing in the right size for the shock mounts. Hate to waste Stainless but you have to use it on something eventually.

Built the adapter couplings to go from the Yamaha steering rod ends to the Honda 4-wheeler tie rods. Nice thing about using parts from two Japanese companies is they are both metric.

Thats it for now..........
Old 08-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #23
jigwelder
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I am considering getting a set of 8:1 gears. Is it worth the few extra miles per hour? Also don't want to rev this chinese engine too high.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #24
jdinville3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Jig, Dang nice build it looks like it's coming along nicely.... I been there done that i used YFZ450 front arms and know your custom time consuming build process... lol Keep the pics coming it's nice to see them
jdinville3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I put a set of gears in a stock CC, and it went 28gps down the road hitting the rev limit (old flathead). My yamaha will hit 30 on a road lifted with no rev limit, so it must have been similar gearing (lift+22s=stock+gears...roughly). I'm sure a clone 16 would work with gears and lift, just not have as much bottom end like it does with 22s and no gears. I'm only around 30gps with 22s with the clone now, but jetting is way off. Took new jet there last weekend and had to work on a roof instead. I don't expect much more out of it without mods, if you have the coin I'd tell you to slip a mild cam in it and springs, maybe a larger carb though you can do that later. What you need is a cam that carries about 1K rpm higher than stock and still has the bottom end. Timing advance might help too I have not tried it. Guy just told me to take the key out and advance it by degrees where I want it, said it would never move w/no key. Most karts run around 28 degrees total give or take. I didn't touch this clone other than to take the governor out and set the lash at .004. Guy told me it could hit 5K with flowing exhaust and intake, I dunno, my tack broke. The stock yami might be around 5K for all I know, but it takes that much, much longer to get there than the clone.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #26
jigwelder
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Shock mount hoops and supports welded in. Ran out of material for the shock tabs.

Got my new front tires and wheels today. $150 for the pair shipped.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #27
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Outstanding work and thank you for the pix's and comments. With that frame and suspension....should have gone with 2 16 clones or 1 bigger one! Just a back yard builder
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #28
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Making me wish I had a tubing bender!!!

I want to know what to do with a 16hp before I drop it in my cart not after....and I'm not sure what to do.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #29
jigwelder
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok, Upper and Lower shock mounts welded in on front suspension. These air shocks seep to work surprisingly well. Proof will be during the first ride. About ready to get this thing off the bench now that it will roll. Still have to align the engine mount for the new engine offset, finish all welding and build up the floor to the right height. Just picked up 2-4x8 sheets of .063 aluminum diamond plate off craigs list.....$50 a sheet.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #30
jigwelder
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Finally have a rolling chassis so it was time to remove the cart from the bench.

Quick shot of the 3-Link articulation....

Finally on the ground. Still lots to do.

Until next time....

Tags
3 link, atv front, briggs, clone, g9 yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha