lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2010, 05:35 AM   #11
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 not starting now!

Click on the blue "oil to gas........" line. It is a link to other threads that will answer your premix question. Sounds like you are running way too much oil. Taking apart your clutches is not hard, basically pull the center bolt on the primary clutch and slide the outer half off. Clean and lube. The secondary is a little more involved. There are tons of threads in this forum on how to do it, search them out. Other things to check quickly: Is your exhaust valve flopping shut and restricting your exhaust? Worn out belt?(1 3/16" is new) flat tires? (10-12 psi) Dragging brakes? Plugged air filter? Plugged exhaust? Plugged fuel filter? How old is the gas in the tank? If it has been outside in the rain is it full of water? Lotta stuff, but hope this helps.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #12
Ranger1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thank you so much! That really does help, I will get right on all of those things
And get back to you with the results. It sounds like it wouldn't hurt to check all of those things.
It sounds funny (given the price of gas) but poring out the gas and putting in a fresh mix is a "Cheap" fix.
Ranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #13
Ranger1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Pulled and cleaned the primary clutch (the best I could) and here is what it looks like!

Questions:
Are the weights suppose to have much play? (sideways)
What is the best type of lube to use?
Are there parts available to repair these old clutches?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03725.jpg (118.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03724.jpg (85.3 KB, 10 views)
Ranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:59 AM   #14
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

All the clutches I have seen have some play in the weights. I don't know how tight they were when new, they are old and somewhat worn now. I don't worry about it. Use a light lube that won't attract dirt. A motorcycle chain lube would work well. It is unlikely there are any replacement parts available for these clutches. This style was replaced in later production by the gold-dome style clutch seen on the later (G2-up) buggies.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha