lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2008, 10:45 PM   #11
spread footing
Getting Wild

Default Re: Axle/rearend strong enough!?!

Holy sh*t, 115 hp engine in a mother f**king cart, my honda has only 128 hp. Your cart will officially smoke my car! WTH does one do with that much power to a cart (besides smoke tire like mad!).
spread footing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #12
Michigan Mike
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I hope to find out soon. Should be fun.
Hell people build chainsaws with 80+ horsepower...sure there's no practical point to it. It's just about having fun and the challenge of making it all work. In fact at work we have a chainsaw with a 5.7 Hemi, along with a Hemi big wheel. Or anybody remember the Tomahawk...Dodge motorcycle with a Viper engine...sure they're all obsurd, but just about everyone agrees that they're all cool!
Michigan Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #13
spread footing
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Mike View Post
Hell people build chainsaws with 80+ horsepower...sure there's no practical point to it. It's just about having fun and the challenge of making it all work. In fact at work we have a chainsaw with a 5.7 Hemi, along with a Hemi big wheel. Or anybody remember the Tomahawk...Dodge motorcycle with a Viper engine...sure they're all obsurd, but just about everyone agrees that they're all cool!
I can't disagree with that!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #14
C-BO
Gone Wild

Club Car

groundpounder i will buy that cart from you - i am sure i can find a way to make a 750 go faster than 8 mph in 6 gear- send me a mail - i will buy! let me know !
C-BO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
spread footing
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-BO View Post
groundpounder i will buy that cart from you - i am sure i can find a way to make a 750 go faster than 8 mph in 6 gear- send me a mail - i will buy! let me know !

I'll buy a cart too
Old 04-15-2009, 11:50 PM   #16
hillbillyhangover
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 98 ezgo with a gs 550 in it. I have a 14 tooth sprocket in the front and a 11 tooth in the back. I dont know exactly how fast it goes but im guessing around 50 mabey 60. I have the stock rearend on it with a custom 4 link. It also has 8-1 gears. The only thing is I cant tell you how well it holds up because I had to put the project on hold. In the few test runs I was able to do it held up to a couple of wheelies and one burn out. Also my engine is 65 horses not 115 monster ponies like yours. Hope that helps a little.
hillbillyhangover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #17
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Mike View Post
You got that right, and everyboby knows:
You just can't buy cool!!!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #18
Michigan Mike
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey thanks, that's good info on the gear ratio's. It's funny that this thread just got resurrected because I've finally gotten this project underway. Life got in the way for a few months, but it's coming along now & it's really snowballed out of controll. I'll start a build thread soon, but I wanna wait till I have a little more to show.
I wouldn't mind a GS 550 motor on the bike itself. I've got a real thing for vintage metric bikes, CB750's, XS650's, along with the GS. But that's a whole other subject and pile of projects that slows down the cart build. I can never seem to be happy working on just one project at a time
Michigan Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #19
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-BO View Post
oh i made it go more then 8 mph. took out the stock rear end witch was a wast of time and headaches in my opinion. and put a live axle in it now i can use all the hp the motor will give also the cart is sold ...
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:09 PM   #20
Glacier Girl
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Mike, I see a new Challanger picture. Ask yourself, do you think the Dodge engineers threw a hemi in it with a straight six trans and rear end?

LOL! I play with r/c airplanes a lot, electric versions, just the opposite from here, electrics are forging ahead of the gassers. I've built stuff way over powered, one that had so much torque that on launch the plane started to pinwheel round the prop. Didn't last too long, it folded the wings and ripped the motor right off the firewall.

I see the same thing happening to you. If you don't end up with the cart on top of you, I think you're going to be soon looking at a big pile of smoldering parts.

Always the weak link that fails, and making one so much more bigger and stronger then the rest still leaves you with all those other weak ones just waiting to fail.

If you do proceed either way thou, make sure you get some video.
Glacier Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO