lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
Loud & Lifted
Here for the beer

E-Z-GO

Default 2 12'' subs????

Anyone have any ideas on putting 2 12" subs on the back of a cart? Mine has the flip flop rear seat on it. I'm running 1 10" sub now but I got a great deal on 2 Fosgate 12's. Any ideas would be appreiciated.
Loud & Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: 2 12'' subs????

Where do you have the one 10 mounted? You could put them in a box and fix it so you could strap it in and remove it easily in the flip down seat.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
dropnbombs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

your going to have to do a whole custom enclosure for the subs -- also theyll be exposed to try to make a bandpass so itll sound good and deep -fosgate subs sound good and hard i had 4 of those in my truck and then put them in my wrangler so they were exposed- do you have a picture of the back part of your cart???
dropnbombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #4
Loud & Lifted
Here for the beer

E-Z-GO

I'll take a pic tonite when I get back to the house. I was thinkin of building a box with the face of it in a V shape with the subs pointed up or towards the rear. But I'm certainly open to any ideas you guys might have.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #5
dropnbombs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

ok thats a good idea -- ill check out the pics and ill give you some other ideas too -- if your handy with wood and fiberglass then you can come up with something that looks good and clean and goes well with the cart ...
Old 07-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #6
Dunecruisin
Not Yet Wild

Try this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (51.0 KB, 58 views)
Dunecruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #7
Loud & Lifted
Here for the beer

E-Z-GO

Thats the way I have it set up now. But I want to put them under the rear seat so I can stick more people on it. I'm thinkin of ditchin the fosgate subs and goin with the kicker shallow subs and building a box in a V shape. By the way what are you using for a battery. I'm running 2 500 watt amps along with under body l.e.d.s and my battery don't last very long. I think I'm on my 3rd deep cycle battery. They just don't last long.I installed a onboard charger/conditioner and that seemed to help a little but they still don't last very long.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
dropnbombs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

why dont you get smaller subs -maybe 10's and cut for 3 in the back under the seat -- facing backwards -- put a grill over them to stay protected but 12's theres not that many options unless you sacrifice seats..
Old 07-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

could make a box persay out of the seating area with some fiberglass work. either under or as the back of the seat. i've got a spl 10" that's 1500w rms/3000w peak and the box is only 1cu. ft. but the fiberglassing on it acts as the "console" between my two rear bucket seats
EVLLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #10
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Id say the best place for 2 12inch subs is in my stomach. But seriously i dont think theres any room on a cart for 2 12 inch subs, unless you want a goofy ghetto looking cart with a huge box mounted on the back. lol
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO