lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
rwoven
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas Precendent Rev Limiter

I have a 2004 gas Precedent. Wanting to disable Rev limiter and add a Tach. I would really prefer to put a "Switch" on the Rev limiter line so that I can enable / disable as I see fit (For when kids drive cart). Cart has an FE290 Kawasaki. Any thoughts?
rwoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Gas Precendent Rev Limiter

The tach is a good idea if you diable the rev limiter.
As far as a switch.... I'm also thinking about a switch for the rev limiter. the only thing I can think of against the switch idea is. The switch might not have enough gap to fully prevent the rev limiter for working. I do not know this to be fact.
It is only a SWAG (scientific wild *** guess) because the rev limiter grounds the secondary side of the coil.
The rev limiter is on the front of the engine down low. All you have to do to disable it is remove the ground wire and tape it so it will not go to ground.
If you try the switch let me know how it works out. If I get to it I will keep you posted.
Richbunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
rwoven
Not Yet Wild

Switch worked great. Just cut the wire and used a "interupter" switch / toggle. I mounted switch under seat so only I know where it is. Can turn it on / off depending on who's driving. Now all I need is the tach. Was planning on going with the "Tiny Tack" for $40 or so. Any other suggestions?
rwoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Here's my concern about this....

I'm guessing that the governor has been adjusted, or the is spring zip tied to make your cart go faster.... Yes?
When the kids take the cart out and continually "bounce off" the rev limiter, you DO realize that it is not good for the engine... Right?
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

After viewing, posting, and asking questions, I went with the zip tie only. Precedent now travels 21 MPH, doesn't cut out or backfire, and I'm satisfied.

Speaking only for myself, the rev limiter is my insurance policy. What the kids and grandkids don't know won't hurt them (or my engine).
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car