lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
BUBBASCART
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Club Car DS HD Spring questions Differential support

I just put a set of hd springs on my 1995 Club Car DS gas. There is a support bracket/rod that goes from differential down to belly pan. I am about a half inch off on mounting the bolt back. Has anyone experienced this? I took this look cause the differential rolled on me and i couldnt get the leaf springs to bolt up. All this started with needing to replace that dang ol snubber and then wanting to put better springs on. Do they sell a new bracket or should it still bolt back up? Also will the stock shocks still work? I know on my 2007 everything bolted right back up/
BUBBASCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
BUBBASCART
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS HD Spring questions Differential support

The part im talking about is called the transmission strap. Do you need to have this installed? If so whats the best way to make a new one that is longer then the stock one?
Old 12-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes you should have it. It stops the rear end from rotating under load and causing the belt to become too loose when accelerating. You'll probably have to make your own or cut yours and lengthen it. Not sure why it would be too short now with just changing the leaf springs though.
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
BUBBASCART
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

yea i cant find anyone that has ran into the issue. its off by the same amount of the new 4 leaf springs compared to the stock springs. ive tried everything to get the belly pan higher but cant figure out how.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have used it and not used it . Really didn't seem to make a big difference. To reuse it I ran a die over that part after I cut it in half. I then used a threaded coupler as u would use for all thread rod and a jam nut to hold everything in place.
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #6
BUBBASCART
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

thats a good idea thanks. i had a 2"x3" 1/8" thick flat piece of metal i was gonna just drill a couple holes in to make up the difference. im guessing that would be strong enough. i like your idea though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car