lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #11
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 precedent won't go...help

I'm not sure if the motor or controller have built in thermal protection. I know the controller will shut down when overloaded. But you aren't doing anything to overload it. The fact that you can still hear the solenoid click tells me you aren't loosing power. Unless it's the stored power in the controller. If the solenoid quit clicking after a few tries you may be loosing power. The only other thing might be the MCOR not making good contact. Try pumping the go pedal 30 or 20 times and see if that helps. That may help clean the contacts. Good luck
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #12
kup125
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok, I will keep messing with it or maybe I'll park it at the bottom of the pond
kup125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #13
kup125
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

what is the MCOR?
Old 12-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #14
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

The MCOR is controlled by the go pedal. It's a resistor that determines how fast the cart goes.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #15
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Don't tear apart your cart just yet! Since it runs for 10 minutes at a time, you have a good opportunity to load test your batteries. Hook a digital battery meter to your pack and drive it. Watch for voltage drop while driving and especially when it gives out. If it drops dramatically and quickly its a battery which is giving out under load, not a mechanical issue. Batteries can look OK while stationary, but can quickly collapse under load.

You can even recharge and do it again - this time with the meter on each battery separately to determine which one is the culprit.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #16
kup125
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ill test the batteries and let you know what I find
thanks
Old 12-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #17
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Are you sure that your solenoid is clicking or are you hearing the MCOR down by your pedal clicking? The MCOR micro switch can work sometimes and not other times. Please listen for your solenoid to click WHEN your cart WILL NOT MOVE anymore, right at that moment.

My cart was acting up on occasion and using my 1311 Handheld Programmer would test both the foot pedal on/off, (micro switch,) as well as the 0 - 100% for the pot. Everything showed good... except when I finally took it with me for a long test drive on vacation, over 8 miles when the micro switch showed it was off when it should have been on. I spliced in a toggle switch, (remember I was on vacation with the cart,) so when it happened I hit switch and off I went, turning off the switch when coming to a stop. Ordered a new MCOR and everything back to normal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wont Run Troubleshooting.jpg (420.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by scubabud; 12-28-2014 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: Adding chart
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:11 PM   #18
kup125
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Are you sure that your solenoid is clicking or are you hearing the MCOR down by your pedal clicking? The MCOR micro switch can work sometimes and not other times. Please listen for your solenoid to click WHEN your cart WILL NOT MOVE anymore, right at that moment.

My cart was acting up on occasion and using my 1311 Handheld Programmer would test both the foot pedal on/off, (micro switch,) as well as the 0 - 100% for the pot. Everything showed good... except when I finally took it with me for a long test drive on vacation, over 8 miles when the micro switch showed it was off when it should have been on. I spliced in a toggle switch, (remember I was on vacation with the cart,) so when it happened I hit switch and off I went, turning off the switch when coming to a stop. Ordered a new MCOR and everything back to normal.
It is the MCOR that I'm hearing click. Yes it clicks whether the cart is operating correctly or not. So I was leaning towards that as my culprit. Batteries tested out fine.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:01 PM   #19
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

It's pretty simple to just install a toggle switch in parallel to test the MCOR micro switch using long enough wires to place it on your seat next to you. If your cart kicks off, flick the switch and see if it makes it go again. If not you'll be looking elsewhere of course.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:19 PM   #20
kup125
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm going to order a new MCOR, but before I do are there aftermarket ones. Possibly something that will let be get more out of my cart faster speed or etc? I'm assuming I would have to do a controller or motor upgrade to obtain that though
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car