lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2015, 04:14 PM   #1
jodahall
Not Yet Wild

Default which controller

I have been trying to get my stock 98 club car regen2 cart running, i've done several tests and i believe it's down to the controller that might be bad, so i've started to look for a controller. Now i'm still quite new to the golf cart scene, i've been trying to read and research but the one thing i cannot find and i think would make a great sticky is a table of what controllers work with which golf carts for certain years.

i say this because there are soooo many choices of controllers, ranging from respectably priced to absurd, it's hard to find which ones will work with my motor. I've done several searches on this forum and several others and i could not find a nice concise list of the working combinations.

that being said if anyone has a table like the one i described, please let me know i have about 3 weeks to get this cart working for the first boys golf trip of the year.

to get you guys started

- 98 club car
- regen2
- stock motor
- multistep potentiometer for throttle
- 48v
- no lift
jodahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: which controller

Most controllers have a label on them with the number of the controller...sometimes on that year of CC the label will be upside down when you are looking in the battery area on the pass. side up under the edge of the body fairly close to the motor. You may have to jack the cart up and get under it to see the tag clearly (be sure to use Jack Stands) when you have that number everything will much easier. You can search the Internet, you can post it on the forum, you can call one of the forum sponsors...but it all starts with that number off the label on the controller.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #3
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: which controller

Reading between the lines, I assume your really just interested in a wide range of controller options for Regen 2.
Quote:
what controllers work with which golf carts for certain years
The year of the cart hardly matters - its the type. In this case you want options for Regen 2 Type. Alas, there are relatively few choices for Regen types.

D&D motor Systems seems to offer a few more choices in controllers for Regen 2 than do others. You can use their website selector menus to get a general idea; but you should probably (also) call them. FSIP also offers Regen 2 controllers but seems to be more focused on replacement rather than performance. Beyond those offerings - I'm not really aware of others.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car